Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone confirm what the output of the jenny is? I have seen it spec'd at about 230 W, which seems rather low. Further, does anyone have any idea what the bike actually uses during operation? What sort of electrical surplus do we have. Will there be enough left over for heated vests, heated grips, and driving lights?

·
Registered
157 Posts
or underbody lights?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ohhhhhh Aircon ... **** ... wait I live in Canada .. half the season is aircon .. LOL!
Yeah, at least around here there are only one or two weeks out of the year that snow might fall. But there are about 3 or 4 months that you will feel like a popsicle if you ride. Heated vests, and heated grips/gloves are very handy. I just hope the X will have enough juice to run them, and the bike, without draining the battery.

I misread the specs, it's 23.3 amps. So 12V * 23.3A = 280 watts. So, how much overhead does the bike take, using normal lowbeams? What do we have left over to play with?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am also interested. I will continue searching... hopefully be reinvigorating this thread someone may share the answer. If I find the answer in the meanwhile, I will post it here.

Kim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts