Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

Sound from generator cover

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Josiah32131 
#1 ·
Hi everyone! I bought CBR500 with cracked generator cover. I bought replacement cover for it, replaced it (stator was a bit scratched, but it looked good enough), put everything together, started up and everything seemed fine until I revved it a bit. I noticed that when I rev it, the strange sound comes from that side. I don't know how to explain it (woow wooow something like that, surelly it should be releasing that sound). Before replacing the cracked cover I also started it for a short time and there was no such sound when reving. I removed cover again to check if maybe stator is touching the flywheel but I didn't notice any damage or fresh touch to stator or flywheel.

Maybe anyone have any ideas? Also I removed flywheel before putting new cover to check if there is any dirt stuck because I think bike was left outside with hole in case for a while.

Thanks.

#3 ·
What if you are going to connecting generator to house without transfer switch so following things you need to do:
  • Double outlet receptacle kit for a clean electrical connection
  • Three prong round plug and wire for connecting the power inlet box to portable generator
  • Power consumption watt tester for reading the wattage produced by your portable generator
  • Extension cord for connecting the power inlet inside to the generator
  • Hand drill for making a hole in the wall
  • Oscillating tools to cut out drywall
  • Philip screw for fixing the receptacle
  • Safety gear for additional safety since you are working with power tools
  • Metal waterproof box for keeping line safe from any possible damage
  • Sealant for making a solid waterproof installation
  • Generator set for backup electricity

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.