Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold my beloved 2016 CB500F last Sunday. It had 27,518 miles and still looked good. The guy that bought it was looking for his first bike and was fresh out of the MSF class but had a license. His friend rode it home and it was weird seeing someone else ride it.
We had a lot of good times but I started wanting to do longer trips and desired a taller bike. Being 6’2” and 220lbs felt fine on this bike until I got my new one. Then it felt just small.

I haven’t been active whatsoever here lately but I thought my old bike desired some kind of official goodbye.

Thanks to all of you for your help and guidance with my first bike.

James

·
Registered
690 Posts
I sold my beloved 2016 CB500F last Sunday. It had 27,518 miles and still looked good. The guy that bought it was looking for his first bike and was fresh out of the MSF class but had a license. His friend rode it home and it was weird seeing someone else ride it.
We had a lot of good times but I started wanting to do longer trips and desired a taller bike. Being 6’2” and 220lbs felt fine on this bike until I got my new one. Then it felt just small.

I haven’t been active whatsoever here lately but I thought my old bike desired some kind of official goodbye.

Thanks to all of you for your help and guidance with my first bike.

James
Yep, me too. I just sold mine as well. I know I am going to miss riding, but after 60 years of riding, I decided to hang it up for personal reasons. Several friends recently have gotten killed on their bikes, so lately every time I rode I was sort of scared. I wanted to ride for pleasure, but worrying about other crazy drivers made it not so much fun, but a chore.

Thanks everyone. PLEASE ride safely and use all the safety equipment.

Jim C. from South Carolina!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Thanks everyone. PLEASE ride safely and use all the safety equipment.

Jim C. from South Carolina!
I'm not too far behind you in age.. so my time's coming. Hopefully, I'll be as smart as you've been when I need to decide to give it up. The other option isn't a good one. And I really hate the thoughts of dying and leaving my wife to sell all my riding gear and stuff.... for what I told her it cost me. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts