Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am looking for some side bags for my 2020 CBR500R. I have trouble finding any options. Could you give some tips on available products?

Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey guys,

I am looking for some side bags for my 2020 CBR500R. I have trouble finding any options. Could you give some tips on available products?

Thanks
I have Nelson-Rigg throwover bags on my '17 CB-500F and they are excellent; light weight, decent appearance and a molded but flexible nylon body. I just bought a pr of Chase Harper throw over bags for my Royal Enfield 650. These are on Amazon for about $125USD, made in USA and very well made. They were shipped free. I love to have carrying space on my bikes and these throw over bags secure nicely to the frame and are very secure. Really good value for the money.

I must add that with the Honda's centrally-mounted monoshock, the bags have nothing to prevent them from sagging inward toward the tire just a little bit. Not dangerous, just (to me) unsightly.. This is prevented on the Enfield by the twin rear shock absorbers. I made a brace for the CB-500 using 1" x 1/8" steel flat stock. I'm an experienced fabricator and it was very easy and inexpensive. I have not had success furnishing photos in the past.. If you don't mind the bags sagging inward a little at the bottom you'll be good to go as the bags come from Amazon.

Ralph

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the Nelson-Rigg SPRT-50 Spirit Black Saddle Bag. They are OK for the price. They come with not rain cover.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts