Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took delivery of my 2013 CBR500R yesterday and I only realised about the 600 mile valve check recently. I've looked in the service book and there doesn't seem to be any evidence of the valves being checked. The bike has now done over 12k miles!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I took delivery of my 2013 CBR500R yesterday and I only realised about the 600 mile valve check recently. I've looked in the service book and there doesn't seem to be any evidence of the valves being checked. The bike has now done over 12k miles!
I would not worry about that. If the service book is stamped, it should be fine (could be fake, but what can you know?).

·
Registered
523 Posts
The 2013 model called for a valve check at 600 miles, but after that year the interval went to 16,000 miles. I don't think they changed anything in the engine, they just realized the check wasn't necessary and was making new owners angry to have such an expense so soon after purchase.

·
Registered
126 Posts
As stated, the 600 mile check was really just to make sure nothing got messed up when the engine was assembled, if something was wrong it would have probably failed by 12,000 miles, so I would not worry, just wait for the 16,000 service and then get them checked.

Gary

1 - 5 of 5 Posts