Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...I live in the city and don't have access to a garage. I plan to get full comp insurance in case the CB500F gets stolen when I get it, but at the same time it would suck to walk out of a store and find out someone had lifted the bike.

So anythoughts on what the best bang for the buck security options are? Disc Locks? GPS Security systems? Chains?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Security on bikes are really not that great. Theres always a way around it, for instance a group or just two big guys can easily lift your bike if you have disk locks. For a GPS system its not hard to locate and find since theres not much places where you can hide it. And whats gonna stop them from just yanking the battery. A chain on the other hand might be the best since you can lock it around poles but if they really wanted it, a bolt cutter wild do the trick. I laugh sometimes when I see bikes equipped with alarms and the siren goes off. No one cares really. I've been trying to come up with a solution but just gave up. Insurance is your best reliable friend.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts