Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live and work in the London area, UK. I use my CB500F to commute to work. I park my bike on a main road either outside my place of work, or in a motorcycle parking bay close by (but out of sight)
I do not have the option to chain my bike to a solid object.

I currently use a decent chain and disc lock set from Kryptonite, which i use around the rear wheel when parked at home. I only use the disc lock around the front brake disc when the bike is parked at work. I've noticed the rear sprocket does not have the space for a thick, heavy duty disc lock.

What would be the best types of locks to use in my situation? I was considering purchasing a large, well made D-lock which I can place through my rear wheel and swing arm.

What are your recommendations?

·
Registered
885 Posts
Park your bike outside a cafe or similar where ppl overlook it for the duration of how long you are parking it there for. Crims won’t know if the owner has eyes on it.
Otherwise, a decent alarmed disc lock and if poss. chained with something solid to something solid.
I don’t lock my bike. Plenty of cafes and restaurants near where I work to park it outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
A disc alarm may be a better deterrent or if you can, see if a local will let you park somewhere safe for a few beers a week.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts