Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Sportster last March after not riding for 24 years. Now I am thinking of either replacing (Bonneville, sportster 1200, CB 1100) it or keeping it and buying a CB500.
I'm expecting the 500 to handle much better than the Sportster and to be about as fast. I'm not so sure I like wrestling with a 500# bike all the time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum.

I suggest you keep it and buy a CBR500. Have you looked into other new bikes?
Yes, and am left with the 3 candidates listed. I am waiting until the show in Cleveland to get on a CB 1100, I'm afraid it will be too bulky for me. I considered the BMW F800R and F800GT.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yes, and am left with the 3 candidates listed. I am waiting until the show in Cleveland to get on a CB 1100, I'm afraid it will be too bulky for me. I considered the BMW F800R and F800GT.
How much is the retail for a f800r? Is it over 10,000. Im still on the look out and doing research and trying to find something suitable for riding along with my son which has a suzuki gsr600.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is supposedly ~ $10,600. What I encountered at 3 different dealers were bikes loaded up with options, especially heated grips. I was told by one dealer that they were "mandatory options". I told him that was an oxymoron, hoping he would take it as an insult.
I might know the only 2 disgruntled BMW customers in the country, but their experiences plus mine at the dealers has turned me off to the company.
An 800cc bike weighing around 450# that can go 130mph IS very appealing, I must admit.

·
Senior Knee Dragger
286 Posts
Ive heard the same thing thats why im turned off before i even get to the dealership. BMW sales reps tend to rub me the wrong way. For one instance, i was at a bike show and stumbled up on the bmw bikes. I was asking them about the s1000r and the sales rep seemed like he was better than me since he was in a suit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts