Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

Scottoiler vSystem on CBR500R

8K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  CBR FOX 
#1 ·
Hi guys!

I bought a Scottoiler vSystem for my 2014 CBR500R. I thought it will work but the CBR500R has a engine with fuel injection. It means that the bike hasn't a vacuum tube and the result is that the Scottoiler vSystem doesn't work on a CBR500R, CB500F or CB500X.

The Scottoiler support told me that I can drill a hole in the damper flap but it's to risky for me and I don't recommend it.

I would like to "warn" all the riders who thinking about a Scottoiler vSystem. Unfortunately it does NOT work as on other bikes. BUT the Scottoiler eSystem works fine and its obviously more expensive.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Phantom

#2 ·
I am sure in the past seen it workin on F.I engines but always need to tap something to get there air feed, sure it was like a balance take off was used.

There site does recommended the esystem only for our bikes to, well the easiest fitting I guess.

I have never had one even riding all year round in UK dont see the need unless your are touring and have no way to lube chain.

#3 ·
It clearly says on their website that only the electronic oiler works with our bike. But of course it costs a fortune!
There are plenty of other automatic oiler's out there if you do a lot of long journey riding.

#4 ·
Scottoiler..

For U.S. owners only.

Due to CAlifornia EPA cr*p, and it being a 50 state bike, the Scottoiler
V (vacuum), system will work on our 500's.

There is a conviently located vacuum line that you can "T" into.

Whilst Scottoiler website wont show a V system available, for The CBR500 line, it will fit the U.S. only models.

Shoot Scottoiler CS an email (I did), and get fitting details.

Alan

#5 ·
For U.S. owners only.

Due to CAlifornia EPA cr*p, and it being a 50 state bike, the Scottoiler
V (vacuum), system will work on our 500's.

There is a conviently located vacuum line that you can "T" into.

Whilst Scottoiler website wont show a V system available, for The CBR500 line, it will fit the U.S. only models.

Shoot Scottoiler CS an email (I did), and get fitting details.

Alan
This is exactly how I have seen it done on F.I bikes before, unless this line relates to emissions stuff only these models.

#10 ·
the Scottoiler works!

Hi!

Someone told me that the vSystem could work if you get the pressure from the vacuum tube which you can see with number 30:

Illinois Honda & Yamaha Motorcycle & ATV Dealer| Kawasaki, Polaris, Sea Doo, Ski Doo, Arctic Cat, Can Am| Boat, Scooter, Snowmobile, Watercraft & More

Any experiences?
Hey all,

Thought I better share my experience after all the help I've gotten from reading threads on here :)

Bought a scottoiler vsystem a week ago before I found this thread and realized its not suitable. Not in the US so don't have the emission parts that make it work on US bikes. However, we did manage to make it work by tee-ing into the inlet manifold. Its a lot of work, best suited for a mechanic/professional, but very possible.

It works great and I'm proud to say that I'm probably the only one in the country with an F that has a scottoiler! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.