Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Senior Knee Dragger
286 Posts
I would love to see a carbon fiber hugger for the cbr500r and hopefully someone will come out with a single rear seat cowel in carbon fiber as well.

·
Registered
150 Posts
The chain cover might be a great accessory for the CB500X. If u wanna go on some dirt roads...
What do u guys think?
Having removed and soaked (simple, non O-ring) chains in gasoline after all day off-road biking sessions, to then find sand dunes of grit washed out of the chain into the tray, I'm thinking this would do no harm at all...

There is direct correlation between cleanliness and the correct tension on a chain and the longevity of the chain and sprockets!

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
I got the hugger on my CBR500r, very sturdy, only 2 things, dirt/mud etc collect on hugger where there is ribs just where it rests on swing arm cross member and the way it fixes on chain side is not the best, but its neat in that it does not have the chain guard built in.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Lee, are you happy with the hugger? I know we found out that the Honda hugger is roughly the same price but I'm not sure that I want one that is combined with the chain guard. Looking at the photos of both I also think the Rossocromo one covers more of the tyre. Is the chain side mounting not very sturdy?

Thanks
John

Reactions: Calexander

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Lee, are you happy with the hugger? I know we found out that the Honda hugger is roughly the same price but I'm not sure that I want one that is combined with the chain guard. Looking at the photos of both I also think the Rossocromo one covers more of the tyre. Is the chain side mounting not very sturdy?

Thanks
John
Overall, yea its in moulded plastic with lots of ribs, I posted some pics in an earlier thread. I do like the fact it is not combined to. The back end of bike looks pretty clean still even in a few down pours! Its sturdy just not best way but not a lot of mounting options either my previous thread should show pics of bracket that goes around swing arm, hard visualize it might be better if I post a pic of fitting instructions and pic of where stuff collects lol!

·
Registered
643 Posts
Cheers Lee, I think it will be the one I go for. I like the idea of being able to remove the chain guard fairly easily so a separate one would be best.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Same here, 92 euros delivered. Really happy with it, works and looks OEM.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts