Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: loserlazer

·
Registered
924 Posts
That's bloody good news.

For a guy who put down the cash and still has a month to wait, it's music to my ears. I like the guys at Rideapart (go watch all their videos on YouTube) and I trust their outlook/judgement

·
Registered
188 Posts
Great review!! Thanks for posting.

Thought this was pretty cool... "accidentally pulled away in third gear. Didn’t notice until I had to come to a stop and try and find neutral."

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
He claims 71 mpg. I'm not sure if that was just his experience, or if Honda finally came out with an official number. Regardless, that's good news.

Overall a really good review.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Thanks for the nice find. Was expecting to hear one downfall for the Honda CBR500 but nadda. I would like to see a detailed video review from an actual owner. And state what he likes or what he doesn't like about the CBR500.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Good detailed review.
The fuel economy. 71mpg is better than the Honda NC700X’s fancy car-based engine and pretty much on par with the 74mpg CBR250R, while making 20bhp more. Combined with the 4.1-gallon tank and figuring $3.60 for a gallon of 87 octane, a $14.75 fill-up will carry you just under 300 miles.
Fuel economy is nothing to complain about on the CBR500 comparing to other bikes in the similar class.

Although the dampers were mentioned to be on the softer side at least it would be a bit more comfortable for street riding and occasional track days.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good detailed review.

Fuel economy is nothing to complain about on the CBR500 comparing to other bikes in the similar class.

Although the dampers were mentioned to be on the softer side at least it would be a bit more comfortable for street riding and occasional track days.
The suspension is easily made better for a few $. The 250R is very soft from the factory - waaaayyy to much sag up front for the average person. I suspect the 500 is the same. Increase the pre-load and its a different bike. Cost me all of $100 at my local bike suspension workshop, and BBR shows you how its done for $5 on the 500.

Search these forums for BBRMotorsports's guide (and one from me too linked there).

They no doubt had it stock, and needed more pre-load front and rear.

Dave

Reactions: Natrix
1 - 11 of 11 Posts