Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's confirmed. Reflective tape makes everything better, and that includes the CBR500R.

After doing the same thing to my 250R, I think I'm starting to get the hang of this. I used the pre-cut and angled strips that I got from a guy on ebay for 12 bucks. The install is far from perfect when you look up close, but they're a lot easier to work with than the straight tape, and no one can tell when I'm in motion anyway :p

Installing really isn't hard, it just takes time. Clean the wheels, dry them off, fill a spray bottle with water and a drop or two of dish soap and spray the application area, and then fiddle with the strips until they look halfway right.

And at night when exposed to some light (car headlights in particular):

Safer and +5 hp. It's win-win! I'm tempted to remove those ugly yellow reflectors, though..

·
Registered
458 Posts
Nice and yeah, you might as well remove the yellow reflectors, the tape is doing the job now;)

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Looks great.
This was one of the first things I wanted to do to my bike when I get it.
I couldn't decide which color I liked better, reflective white or red. So I made a quick photoshop
comparison. I think I will end up going with the red. It looks great.
:D

Attachments

·
Registered
521 Posts
What size are the wheels on the 500? I would just go out and look but I'm at work XD lol. I'm thinking of ordering from the guy you linked, going for that blue chrome for the tricolor.

NVM, I found theyre 17s, but that seller is 'on vacation' anyway :\

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just ordered this from the same seller. How much did you overlap the tape when installing it? I watched a video of a guy installing some similar stuff and he had a small gap left when he was done. Like to avoid that if possible.
It was pretty close for me by the time I put the 4th piece on. On average, I overlapped each strip by an inch or less.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Just an heads up.... I ordered tape a few days ago from the same seller as T0ad, and I just noticed there is a banner on their ebay page that says he/she is away and will not be processing orders until the 25th. I guess I won't be getting mine for a while. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Well, it's confirmed. Reflective tape makes everything better, and that includes the CBR500R.

After doing the same thing to my 250R, I think I'm starting to get the hang of this. I used the pre-cut and angled strips that I got from a guy on ebay for 12 bucks. The install is far from perfect when you look up close, but they're a lot easier to work with than the straight tape, and no one can tell when I'm in motion anyway :p

Installing really isn't hard, it just takes time. Clean the wheels, dry them off, fill a spray bottle with water and a drop or two of dish soap and spray the application area, and then fiddle with the strips until they look halfway right.

And at night when exposed to some light (car headlights in particular):

Safer and +5 hp. It's win-win! I'm tempted to remove those ugly yellow reflectors, though..
Looks amazing Toad!

I like how the red tape matches the over all red on the CBR500R. So whats next?

·
Registered
648 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics! I had already ordered the standard red ones from the same eBay seller, but now seeing the pics, I think now I will order the reflective ones and put the ones I just ordered on my Interceptor. I wasn't sure how the reflectives would look during the day, but yours look awesome.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts