Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Well. the paint job is terrible. :) Sorry.

However, you bring up a very good point. The "X" in my mind is very garish and lurid. Especially on the White. I can just barely tolerate it on the black. Regardless of the color I get, I think the X is coming off ASAP.

I am favouring the black at the moment, because we only have a choice between black and red. Red is out of the running for me because it is a really boring red. And not enough of it. If they want to do red, at least do the bottom cowl and especially the rear plastic below the seat/pillion. The F model has lots more color matched plastic and I think it looks rather smart. The X being mostly black with a little bit of red looks too awkward for me.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I agree with the logic there, the removal of the X is soooo much better.

(pls don't paint over it like that though ;))..

·
Registered
582 Posts
Well. the paint job is terrible. :) Sorry.

However, you bring up a very good point. The "X" in my mind is very garish and lurid. Especially on the White. I can just barely tolerate it on the black. Regardless of the color I get, I think the X is coming off ASAP.

I am favouring the black at the moment, because we only have a choice between black and red. Red is out of the running for me because it is a really boring red. And not enough of it. If they want to do red, at least do the bottom cowl and especially the rear plastic below the seat/pillion. The F model has lots more color matched plastic and I think it looks rather smart. The X being mostly black with a little bit of red looks too awkward for me.
You're going to get people upset saying nasty things like that. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol about the paint job comments. I would never try anything like that on the real thing, but on a jpeg I think I will take my chances. The red on the X will actually be the same that is on the F, and if you have seen one of those in a showroom you would know it is anything but boring. Brilliant actually. The black is matte and has no contrast to the plastics on the bike. I had every intention on getting a black one, but after seeing the red in person I found it myself torn. While the black bike has a certain 'Bat Cycle' appeal to it, I thought about what I, personally, would want to look down at in 5 years from now, and put money down on the only red one coming to my area. To each his own.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Unfortunately, I have to agree the cartoonish "X" has got to go. I don't normally change things except to enhance function. I add function i.e. centerstand, rear hugger, sliders etc.

I like the blue of my little Ninja, I've thought about repainting to get ride of the X. And have the only blue bike! ;)

I'll have to live with it for awhile. It might grow on me. :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
Got a bit bored, so I made a slightly less MS Paint-y version. No disrespect intended. ;) I got lazy about the ridge in the tank, so just squint your eyes at that part.

Bonus grey model from desaturation too!

Attachments

·
Registered
505 Posts
Looks better but the American Honda website shows the black bike having a silver wing.

I always liked the Honda wing!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts