Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is Honda really not bringing the red CB500F to the US? Seeing the cbf in red blew my mind and is what got me interested in the bike in the first place.

Also...why only make the ABS in Black? I think that is the least good looking of the 3 choices. If we can't have the red at least make the tri-color available with ABS. Honda really seems to be shooting themselves in the foot here...

I'm basing this off the info from Honda's website. Please someone tell me I'm wrong!

Dennis

·
Registered
143 Posts
I think that the reason that there are a spread of colours around the globe is to ensure that they have initially enough stock to go around. I think that after the initial run we'll start seeing other colours become available (maybe into 2014??).

In Australia our colour breakdown is such:
CBR - Red,White,Black (abs option on all colours I think)
CBF - Red, Black (abs standard)
CBX - White, Black (abs standard)

·
Registered
582 Posts
Usually, it's down to the local Honda execs as to what models and what colours are sold in their territory.

Honda make the bike in all colours and models, it's just down to the preference of the guy who makes the decisions in your country. I presume they'll change the colours next year and keep on doing so every year like they do with most models.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Usually, it's down to the local Honda execs as to what models and what colours are sold in their territory.

Honda make the bike in all colours and models, it's just down to the preference of the guy who makes the decisions in your country. I presume they'll change the colours next year and keep on doing so every year like they do with most models.
I believe you are 100% correct. The bikes offered in the U.S. was decided by American Honda. I've never seen a new color introduced during the model year except for a special model for an anniversary or other occasion.

Since I want an x ,based on what I know, I have a choice between black or black ABS! I'll take what ever ABS model I can get as long as they don't try to overcharge for it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I just got back from a Honda Dealer in my area and I got to see the first CB500F that they got, which was still in the back of the shop not for customers to see (I was the first person to see it and sit on it wooo!).

Anyway, the bike was black and I have to say...it was one sexy machine. I completely take back what I said about the black cbf. Pictures just don't do it justice! I would be happy to own a black CB500F now. :D:D

·
Registered
246 Posts
Funny we like the colours more when we can't have them. In Canada, we only get red and I'm looking at white that the US gets.

·
Senior Knee Dragger
286 Posts
Funny we like the colours more when we can't have them. In Canada, we only get red and I'm looking at white that the US gets.
some guys on here were actually thinking about getting them across border in the U.S. just because of the color issue. i think there are alternatives when you want a different color. You can definitely look in to vinyl wrapping they dont cost as much as paint and you could take it off if you dont like it after a while. To achieve the oem look you just need to find the "cb500f" sticker and place it in the right spot and voila.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
If you buy it cross country don't you have to pay taxes twice? And also a bunch of fees?
You get credited for the US taxes, but you don't avoid the CDN taxes. Afaik, there are no additional fees that don't exist buying it locally.

You bring it across yourself, so nobody is brokering it, but I have not bought a vehicle and brought it across before.

Also, the $800 cheaper price tag is also appealing with the dollar on par. :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
You can have almost any color you want House of color,

OR,

Plastidip spray in red, you dont like it peel it off, you could have a different color every season

1 - 14 of 14 Posts