Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
81 - 92 of 92 Posts
I have i question I didn't see answered. If I'm buying my 13' new from dealer and its may 1st 2014, does that mean the dealer took care of it?
We can't really answer for your dealership. Best thing to do is ask them about it. And if you feel so inclined, read up about the punch mark they're supposed to make and check for it yourself when you look at the bike.

They have to have it done or they can't legally sell it.
Fortunately we live in a perfect world where everybody follows the rules and doesn't screw up. ;)

Just collected my new 500R from Honda Bigwing Pattaya on Thursday, unfortunately had to fly back to UK Friday to continue on my work contract and won't be back till Christmas.
Wish I had looked on here before to see if my bike had the new kit fitted.
If you look on their Facebook page you can see a picture of me collecting it

Thanks for the information in this thread. I bought my X used from a dealer (#15 off the line!) and was able to go to him armed with the knowledge about the recall as it applies in Canada. Turns out the work had already been done so I feel much better.

81 - 92 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.