Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey all, what's a reasonable OTD price for a new 2019 CBR500R ABS? how much did you pay for your 2019?

I found a used 2018 ABS with 9K miles for around 5k, as a noob I dont think I want to deal with a used one with that many miles. is the asking price too much?

thanks

·
Registered
149 Posts
hey all, what's a reasonable OTD price for a new 2019 CBR500R ABS? how much did you pay for your 2019?

I found a used 2018 ABS with 9K miles for around 5k, as a noob I dont think I want to deal with a used one with that many miles. is the asking price too much?

thanks
Buy an unsold, leftover CB-500 from the dealer. If you wait until about October, you can get a discount of about $1000 USD and a one year, new bike warranty from Honda. Last year I bought a new 2017 F model for $3995, plus freight (from Thailand!) and set up etc. $4982 out the door. Saved $2000USD and after 5500 miles the bike runs just fine.

I second your decision to buy only a new one as your first bike (mine was my 85th; at least 70 bought used).. Plan to keep it a long time. You'll be glad you did. Use this forum for advice, questions answered, maintenance tips, etc. It's a goldmine of good information.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Buy an unsold, leftover CB-500 from the dealer. If you wait until about October, you can get a discount of about $1000 USD and a one year, new bike warranty from Honda. Last year I bought a new 2017 F model for $3995, plus freight (from Thailand!) and set up etc. $4982 out the door. Saved $2000USD and after 5500 miles the bike runs just fine.

I second your decision to buy only a new one as your first bike (mine was my 85th; at least 70 bought used).. Plan to keep it a long time. You'll be glad you did. Use this forum for advice, questions answered, maintenance tips, etc. It's a goldmine of good information.

yeah I bet by winter they'll have some heavy discounts on the bikes, all the dealers by my area want close to 7K. I'll hold on a few months unless there is a good sale or something. Thanks a lot I truly appreciate the advised.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts