Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

(2013 cb500f)

I feel like this is probably an easy question, but I wanted to check. I was replacing the rear sprocket (part of doing chain+sprockets) and when undoing the rear sprocket bolts, two of the bolts came out rather than just the nuts. The other three the nuts came off as expected. Just in case there was corrosion or thread damage, and as it's all so cheap I've ordered a new set of nuts and bolts from hondashop & used my wife's fancy camera to verify the threads in the sprocket carrier, or as honda call it the "driven flange" all look good.

Question is, how do I put the double threaded bolts back in? Just screw them in up to the torque listed for the rear sprocket nuts, or is there a special step? Do they need a thread locker type agent? I tried looking it up in the service manual but unless I'm missing something it lists the driven flange as one part containing the bolts already on page 17-8, although the diagram on Honda Parts lists them as separate parts, 90102-MAS-000, hence ordering.

Sorry if over thinking, and thanks!

·
Registered
153 Posts
As stated, screw a second nut on to the stud and lock it against the original nut, then put thread lock on the other end and screw the stud into the flange. Remove the second lock nut that you added, so you just have the original nut left, let the thread lock set and then unscrew the remaining nut. Hope that makes sense, be careful to not damage the thread..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts