Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

141 - 160 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,234 Posts
Nothing to the level of what some of the guys have done here, but today I got out the dremel and gave the rear end a little plastic surgery to trim down some of the fat.
I wasn't too bothered with the stock tail end, so just lopped off the bit of guard below the license plate and trimmed off about an inch around the edges to give it a more slimline look.
The indicators have been there for a while, fashioned the blanking plates for them from a bit of mudguard from another bike :)

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just eliminated my tail, I took the hard route and cut off more than most. Im happy with the results. It does look cleaner. I recycled the parts of the bike to make it. I did buy some aftermarket side markers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nothing to the level of what some of the guys have done here, but today I got out the dremel and gave the rear end a little plastic surgery to trim down some of the fat.
I wasn't too bothered with the stock tail end, so just lopped off the bit of guard below the license plate and trimmed off about an inch around the edges to give it a more slimline look.
The indicators have been there for a while, fashioned the blanking plates for them from a bit of mudguard from another bike :)
where did you get the red rear hugger?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just eliminated my tail, I took the hard route and cut off more than most. Im happy with the results. It does look cleaner. I recycled the parts of the bike to make it. I did buy some aftermarket side markers.
Can you please go into detail on what and how you created this custom fender?
I'm dying from lack of customization possible with this bike. And it's actually a really good bike, despite its slow speeds.

·
Registered
67 Posts

I may be wrong, but that plate looks like it's too close to the tire... you may have to bend it a bit.

Check out new tail tidy from"Vagabond" for the 2016 model.

Just youtube "vagabond cbr500r"
Does the Vagabond require modifications to the bike?

Edit: Never mind, I just saw the video. That's on the mod list now :)

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have a question. Do you guys who eliminated rear fender get dirt/oil/water thrown on your back? I want to buy tail tidy but I'm curious if that is going to bring lots of cr*p on my back.

·
Registered
12 Posts
On my 2015 F, yes i do, dirt tail all up the back of my jacket now

·
Registered
371 Posts
I personally think the OEM fender looks horrible and considering I have to keep it for 3 years, removed it straight away.
The R&G offering is the best looking of them all IMO.

·
Registered
190 Posts
As attractive as it looks, I really don't want lots of dirt on my back since I do long touring with this bike. If I was riding it only in the city, I would eliminate the fender without any doubts.

141 - 160 of 165 Posts