Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Good video! I could even read the time on the instrument cluster and see the brake fluid sloshing around in the brake fluid reservoir! :D

Too bad the speeds were only KPH instead of MPH! :rolleyes:

The round-a-bouts sure make the traffic flow better.

I hope filtering to the front is legal!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not the maker unfortunatly, but I will for sure make a lot of vlogs on youtube when I get my GoPro camera:) (ThatNorwegianRider on youtube, feel free to subscribe:))

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the video. What did you use to mount the go pro? Did you use one of the brackets from go pro or...?

I like the display cluster on the CBR500 and the video is so clear.
like I tried to say in the post above, I did not make that video, thats not me. I'm getting my bike tomorrow!

To answer your question, I bet he used a suction cup mount

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hello
I am the one who posted the video on youtube.
It is done with the suction cup on the tank.
Glad to know that works well. I have a GoPro and was going to use a handlebar mount, not sure about vibrations though.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I have a GoPro Hero2. I plan to make a video whenever my bike gets here.
I'll probably go tank mount. ( I like the cockpit point-of-view. )
Helmet-mounts are too high up.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Great video. This is convincing me to buy a GoPro.

Though aren't you afraid of the suction cup losing suction while riding? That would be a $500 dollars loss if the GoPro were to fall off.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I'm thinking that mount would hold :)

GoPro Suction Cup | Industrial strength with proven speeds of 150+ mph

Not a bad price, either. I wonder if there's a standard tripod mount bolt hiding in there. Wouldn't mind being able to just do it with a camera I have already.
Looks like not, but there's a separate camera mount that could work with some help.

·
Registered
212 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Great video. This is convincing me to buy a GoPro.

Though aren't you afraid of the suction cup losing suction while riding? That would be a $500 dollars loss if the GoPro were to fall off.
if you buy it from best buy and have or buy the accidental damage insurance from geek squad they'll give you a new one as long as you bring back the pieces. been there done that.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The stock gopro suction cap is very good. The only issue with the suction cap is there can be some movement due to the length of the the arms, but as long as its sucked onto a clean flat-ish surface its not going to come off.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts