Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new left rear turn signal lens for my 2014 cbr500r (I think it is the same one as on the F and X models). My problem is with the official Honda parts diagram. I know that there are two different lenses......one kind for the left front and right rear, and another for the right front and left rear. In the parts diagram it is number 8. However, this is the listing for part number 8:

So which one is for the left rear?

·
Registered
532 Posts
You need an 33404-MGS-J32 for the left rear.

Those numbers did not sound right to me, as parts which originated on the original 2013 500 twins have a classification number of MGZ. Apparently KZZ is a CRF250, while MGS parts (as below) started on the NC700 which makes far more sense for our bikes.

Looking it up on bike-parts-honda.com, for all models before the switch to thin LED indicators, the part numbers are:

Orange lens version (as on U.S. models):
33404-MGS-J32 LENS COMP. R WINKER
33454-MGS-J32 LENS COMP. L WINKER

Clear lens version (as on U.K. models):
33404-MGS-D32 LENS COMP. R WINKER or LENS COMP., R. WINKER (R. FR./L. RR.)
33454-MGS-D32 LENS COMP. L WINKER or LENS COMP., L. WINKER (L. FR./R. RR.)

(Those supersede an original part which ended in a 1.)

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't realize there are another group of lens parts listed under number 3:

This is the one the Revzilla rep said I needed and it's the J31, not the J32. Still pretty darn confusing to have each one listed three times.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I need a new left rear turn signal lens for my 2014 cbr500r (I think it is the same one as on the F and X models). My problem is with the official Honda parts diagram. I know that there are two different lenses......one kind for the left front and right rear, and another for the right front and left rear. In the parts diagram it is number 8. However, this is the listing for part number 8:

View attachment 72842

So which one is for the left rear?
They all three have the same part number! all the same.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, all three part numbers for part #3 are the same, and all three part numbers for part #8 are the same, but one of those parts is for the left rear and right front turn signal (#3), and one of for the right rear and left front (#8). I need the left rear, which is part #3, with part number ending in J31. Like I said, confusing!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts