Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen the push to pass button on a couple bikes and i have no clue what it is......What is Honda's Push-to-Pass button???

·
Registered
111 Posts
does the cbr500r have a push to pass button????? also keen to know now what it is??

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's a button that flashes your front lights (like pulling your highbeams in on a car) in order to catch the attention of the people in front of you and alert them that you are passing.
No the honda 500r doesn't have it (in Canada anyways)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a button that flashes your front lights (like pulling your highbeams in on a car) in order to catch the attention of the people in front of you and alert them that you are passing.
No the honda 500r doesn't have it (in Canada anyways)
oh well that sucks i was hoping it was like the indy car push to pass.....lol

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Not on my 500. No xtra buttons. In some countries flashing of the headlights indicate the MC is passing. In my neck of the woods flashing headlights warn others a cop is around the corner :) The push to pass is on some MC that when used will give an xtra boost to the bike to pass faster. Indy cars use this. Personally it is not necessary as if the rider utilizes the power band properly they can pass effortlessly. I have seen some riders use their hazard lights while passing to alert cagers. I don't endorse this either.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not on my 500. No xtra buttons. In some countries flashing of the headlights indicate the MC is passing. In my neck of the woods flashing headlights warn others a cop is around the corner :) The push to pass is on some MC that when used will give an xtra boost to the bike to pass faster. Indy cars use this. Personally it is not necessary as if the rider utilizes the power band properly they can pass effortlessly. I have seen some riders use their hazard lights while passing to alert cagers. I don't endorse this either.
lol I live in West Virginia.....******* heaven in half and the other half is the hood so it definatley indicates police here too....lol.....or the common go ahead im in no hurry...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Never heard of it until now. Google says

Push-to-pass is a mechanism on a racing car which provides the driver with the ability to increase the car's power for short periods of time, usually via a button on the steering wheel. The system is designed to make overtaking easier and hence make the sport more exciting to watch
Do street cars have this. They sound awesome :D

·
Registered
565 Posts
The UK models have the push to pass function but only works the headlights, no extra boost ;)

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Does UK models also have Honda's Security System? I was disappointed to find mine doesn't have it. Not going to lose sleep over it though.

·
Registered
111 Posts
oz cbr's have it, there u go didnt know its called that,
thanks for clearing that up

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Nitrous Oxide to Pass?

Maybe that was what the yellow canister was on the kid's bike in a racing camp in Spain.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
oz cbr's have it, there u go didnt know its called that,
thanks for clearing that up
SO they have HISS (security) and the little trigger button to flash the headlights?

Dave

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Does UK models also have Honda's Security System? I was disappointed to find mine doesn't have it. Not going to lose sleep over it though.

What the? No high beam flasher trigger and no HISS in Canada???

Weird!!

Dave

·
Registered
157 Posts
What the? No high beam flasher trigger and no HISS in Canada???

Weird!!

Dave
That's sad because my dads susuki bergman400 SCOOTER came with the high beam flasher as a stabdard feature. Lol!!

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
It is a switch located next to clutch lever and when you press it with your index finger, it lights up the high beam until you hold back your finger from the switch and it is called 'passing light' not 'push to pass':)
You use it while passing some cars and to utilize the high beam easily if needed on darker corners etc. at night or can use instead of a horn anytime even in broad daylight.
it is a good security option to have as if i am riding night time and if i am passing a big truck or lorry, i always use it as it is easy to miss a small bike or i might be in a blind spot for them.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Yep the UK model does have HISS and should also come with Datatag too

1 - 20 of 46 Posts