Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
I like the Dunlop sportmax stock tires. You could always upgrade to pirellis I guess. I have a friend who only buys metzlers.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Bummer!
I have no experience with either, but based on a bunch of looking around on the forums, I expect that the tire recommendations are likely to boil down to Pirelli Diablo Rosso and Dunlop Sportmax Q2. You can't go wrong with either one of those.
I expect the Q2 will probably behave more like the stock tire. It will also probably cost a few dollars less.
Beyond that, it seems like some folks prefer the feel of one over the other, but both have about the same number of strong advocates.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
I also like the Pirelli angels. What does everyone do for pairing the tires when replacing only a rear? I thought it mattered? I was told you'll go through one front for two rear tires, so to consider a brand or tire model change when you replace the front?

·
Registered
223 Posts
How about these? Michelin Pilot Road 3

Just trying to find something where they stock them local to me. Seems that or the Pirelli

It's a commuter bike...the pilot road 3 will get more miles than a softer sport tire like the Q2

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I have the 500F and I will never be riding the tyre walls to the max. It's a hobby bike only but we have some nice roads. I think the main thing is I want to know they are good all rounders and If I do get caught in the rain that they handle well.

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
pirellis rosso 2s are superb for our bikes and i am getting one set of corsa2s once i reach 12.000 km - only 3000 km left:D fortunately - as Dunlops still grip well.
Or you can get the tire vulcanized - patched from inside - and can continue using it.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You can push the pliers through this hole.....and I won't trust that being fixed properly. It's an expense I could have done without but I think I will take the opportunity to change both tyres for some Pirelli Angel's. They seem a good all round choice and will suit my riding. Just stay away from glass!
I've been reading up a lot on this and I think it makes the best sense for this bike and for me.

Thanks guys!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts