Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone.

I looked through the forum and didn't find similar thread so creating a new one.

I'm interested in certain data from my motorcycle while riding a bike.
basically i'm interested in getting fuel level(in percentage) avg consumption and current consumption.
I know we have that data on the display however I'm interested in collecting and storing that data on my smartphone.
Did anyone tried to connect Arduino/Raspberry Pi to diagnostic port and reading some of the params above?

I know there are out of the box solutions on market(healtech obd) however it is kinda expensive one and it works only on windows OS.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
if anyone interested found this projects.gonzos.net/ctx-obd (can't post links)
now trying to understand how to build a board :lookout:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been working on a small project to interface the CB500F ECU with a small Bluetooth low energy gadget. You can find the projects in Github:

atoid/DashBle
atoid/Dash

This BLE based interfacing hardware can send the ECU messages wirelessly to a smartphone. Realtime information can be shown in phone screen and logging can also be done.

I have tested this for a some time now and it is working fine.

·
Super Moderator
782 Posts
The bike only has a narrow band O2 sensor, so anything what the ecu measures is relatively accurate about when it crosses Lambda 1 or Equivalence ratio 14.7 but anything lower or higher is wastly inaccurate or I'd rather say indicative whether it's richer or leaner than Lambda1.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts