Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great bike, still breaking it in.
On another note, I did not expect the exhaust to be so quiet.
According to the bike manual, I should have a document bag under the drive seat.
However, it is not there and the dealer ship stated they did not remove it.
Same for you guys as well?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Congrats. Document bag will include insurance, owners manual and registration that you will put in a zip lock bag. Under the front seat you will find elastics attached to the seat in which you can secure the said zip locked documents if you wish to. I elect to put these documents under the pillion seat as I don't have to unscrew the seat every time I need to access them

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
You have to remove screws to remove the front seat? How about the pillion?
I would greatly appreciate some pics of the seats removed, and what it looks like under there.
Don't have my bike yet. Just gathering info while waiting for it to arrive.
:D

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Sorry dude, you do have to remove the front seat. It's screwed down. The pillion removes with the bike key. Pops off nicely. No need to worry. Ask your dealer when you pick up your bike to ease your mind

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
congrats on they bike! I got a document bag in mine.
Perhaps you can elaborate what your document bag is and what it contains along with HOW you accessed it for those who are concerned?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess there is no physical document bag.
The manual is a bit deceiving, it makes it seems there is a said bag under the seat.
Regardless, like vroom stated I stored all my documents in a zip lock bag and under the seat cowl; easier access.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Looks to me that it's not "under" the seat but on the bottom of the seat.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I doubt very much the documents will be there but handed to you with all the paper work on delivery. Up to you if you place it there (some countries require you have licence and reg etc on you - some don't).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts