Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else installed a Powerbronze windscreen on their first gen CBR500R? If so, did you have a gap between the bottom of the screen and the black plastic panel above and behind the gauge cluster? I filled the gap with a rubber gasket but the fit still isn't what I'd expect for the money.

·
Registered
344 Posts
here you go:
thread 1
thread 2

both threads are dead by now, but you can look at the pictures to compare and see what people were saying

I have ermax aeromax on mine and that too has some fitment issues, which seems to be quite a generic issue with (almost?) all the aftermarket screens

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I saw one of those links but there aren't mentions of the specific issues I had. Maybe I'm just more sensitive to gaps and fit/finish issues. There is a faint squeal above 50 MPH, likely frim the raised edge that sticks up above the surrounding fairings. I may be able to chamfer the edge with a dremel tool or a sanding block. I had not seen the Ermax Aeromax, just the Puig and Powerbronze. I went with the Powerbronze because I'm 6'2" and others had said the Puig didn't provide much extra protection vs stock.

·
Registered
383 Posts
My PowerBronze windscreen is approaching 7yo now (not sure if it was 'updated' since then); it is still clear with minimal scratches (i.e. good quality). Yes, there is a gap, but it is black on black, and not particularly noticeable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts