Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

Power / rpm problems

219 Views 3 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  timur
Hello everyone once again, I'm new and I'm not getting the hang of it very well yet. So if this question has already been asked somewhere (my apologies, I couldn't find it) ..
I bought cbr500RA 2019 (motor code PC62). I am not satisfied with the final revolutions of the engine, it does not spin above 7.. Does the engine have any restrictions or blockages that can be removed or modified.
thank you..
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Seems like somebody tried to derestrict the engine grinding the throttle limiter plate and now RPM limit has been lowered to 7200RPM.
Yes, I removed the gas limiter, and got noticeably better acceleration, but now I can't get the maximum revolutions. Do you think if I move- adjust the throttle sensor that I will get max rpm..
Tnx for help
Yes, I removed the gas limiter, and got noticeably better acceleration, but now I can't get the maximum revolutions. Do you think if I move- adjust the throttle sensor that I will get max rpm..
Tnx for help
You absolutely need to reflash the ECU - it's the unique solution. Don't even touch TPS sensor - you will wreck the engine because fuelling and ignition advance depends on TPS readings.

AFAIK any tuning shop with Dimsport flash tools has the possibility to derestrict some 2019 CB versions, so it's a matter of doing few calls to tuning shops near you to check this possibility.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts