Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just sent my cbr500r in for her 600mile full fluids change and the valve check.
For anyone who wasn't informed it'll run about 330 bucks
Also, while its there I'm getting a trickle charger leads set and a trickle charger for her so that it doesn't run dry on accident.
Woohoo! Milage

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Colorado and yes from the dealer.
With new first run bikes they are just making sure the valves stay inline

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
I haven't gone to get mine yet, but was quoted just under $300, so it will probably be about the same after tax.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't let em get ya, I was quoted 275, when I took it in they said that covered labor only, fluids and parts is another 50 bucks.
Its worth it though to make sure it doesn't fall out of tuning in the valves

·
Registered
107 Posts
Just sent my cbr500r in for her 600mile full fluids change and the valve check.
For anyone who wasn't informed it'll run about 330 bucks
Also, while its there I'm getting a trickle charger leads set and a trickle charger for her so that it doesn't run dry on accident.
Woohoo! Milage
Trickle charger is a good "investment", I had a couple batteries go flat on me back when I didn't know any better. Can you post the brand and model of trickle charger you got?

Are you getting a volt meter just to see a more detailed battery power rating?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I use a Yuasa Smart Shot on my old Nighthawk S. The BT Junior is popular, but those guys don't make batteries, to my knowledge. Yuasa makes batteries, so I trust their tech a little more. Here's one link, though I can't vouch for the company (SpeedAddict); I know absolutely nothing about them.

Yuasa Smart Shot 900 mA Battery Charger 12v

·
Registered
223 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have a 2010 Shadow RS 750, anyway they told me to bring it in for its 800 mile first service, ended up buying a shop manual and doing the oil and valves myself. Was pretty easy, any of you tried doing the valves on your 500 yet?

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I have a 2010 Shadow RS 750, anyway they told me to bring it in for its 800 mile first service, ended up buying a shop manual and doing the oil and valves myself. Was pretty easy, any of you tried doing the valves on your 500 yet?
I just did a post in the other section about this.
I don't see a way to adjust the valve-lash on the 500 engines, unless it's done by changing valve-stem shim-caps?
:confused:

http://www.cbr500riders.com/forum/engine-technical-discussion/519-valve-adjustment.html

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There isn't any lash/trim adjustments internally. Which means its either shims or they have to change out the bearing to compensate, however I don't think that they should have any problems since most engines are inspected pretty hard at the factory anymore.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts