Bike specs:
2013 CBR 500R
Akrapovic CF slip-on exhaust
R&G exhaust protector
R&G exhaust hanger
R&G rear peg blank plate
Custom made undertail
Integrated brake/indicator light
R&G plate holder with light (gutted from the R&G tail tidy)
Honda rear seat cowl
Honda rear tire hugger
Tank traction pads (brand = ?)
Rizoma mirrors
Rizoma grips & bar ends
Scott steering damper
Powerbronze windscreen
Power Commander V
DynoJet Auto Tune
DynoJet Quickshifter
ASV shorty levers
Michelin Pilot Power 3 tires
Mothracing rear spools
TYGA Preload adjusters
Flushmount indicators
Motive kickstand base pad
6500k bulbs (white headlights)
CBR 500R custom colored decals
Rizoma oil cap
Radiator screen
PIAA Slender horn
Spiegler steel braided brake lines
Nobunaka rearsets
Racetech springs and cartridge emulators
Ohlins rear shock

:honda

·
Super Moderator
1,228 Posts
That's one way to go above and beyond! Dude, that's **** hot, looks like it's doing 88mph just sitting there :)
I saw similar rizoma mirroa on a mates kawasaki that got me interesting, seeing them your CBR has my eyes salivating, I know what the next thing I'm saving for now is.

There aren't too many guys on the forum getting around with the bikes tuned, I know you've got the autocal, but have you had it on a dyno just to see what it makes after your mods?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We have one Dyno here in Phuket, but I haven't gotten around to seriously tune it up properly yet since I'm still trying to sort out my Quickshifter. Once I've gotten the bike finished up with parts...I'm in need of a new chain/sprockets, I'm going to get a baseline map from my current mods then start looking at the values my AT is reading, from there I'll start adjusting the PCV for a properly tuned map.

I started the PCV on a Yosh R77 slip-on map for a baseline since the 500R is somewhat crippled by map selection (use the closest thing)...then I've been accepting the values of my AT into my PCV. It's running like a champ right now (partly the reason I've been lazy), but the next step is to finish the QS, chain and sprockets...then get some proper tweaking done to it.

I've been really happy with the Rizoma mirrors...they offer enough visibility and the arms are small enough that I can split lanes without mirror checking cars.

:thumbsup

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
You've done some nice things there man. I have to agree with @tothezenith. Your bike looks fast standing still.

Be interested to hear about how you go with the quickshifter. Few on this forum mention a quickshifter and on other bike forums, they've helped guys improve their 1/4M runs but only after a lot of effort. I assume you'll need some PC work to get that thing going better?

Rock

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right now I'm finding the only headache with the QS is making the shift rod work, albeit I haven't spent loads of time messing with it lately.

I bought the entire rod kit from DynoJet, but still can't get it mounted where I want it...and the rods aren't exactly working out either...might just require cutting my OEM rod and having it threaded.

Despite it being a total pain the @$$ right now to get it set up, the benefit of it is absolutely worth the trouble for me. Wide open full throttle clutchless upshifts make loads of difference for speed/lap times. I'd consider this important for our bikes since the gear range is pretty short in my opinion.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Nice work. I presume that is a camera mount stuck to the seat cowl?
I like those tyres, they will be the ones I replace the Dunlops with when I have run out of tread.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Right now I'm finding the only headache with the QS is making the shift rod work, albeit I haven't spent loads of time messing with it lately.

I bought the entire rod kit from DynoJet, but still can't get it mounted where I want it...and the rods aren't exactly working out either...might just require cutting my OEM rod and having it threaded.

Despite it being a total pain the @$$ right now to get it set up, the benefit of it is absolutely worth the trouble for me. Wide open full throttle clutchless upshifts make loads of difference for speed/lap times. I'd consider this important for our bikes since the gear range is pretty short in my opinion.
Ask them if they have something for the PC...I have no idea about the QS on a 500 and just going by experience on other bikes - it takes some work! (Once you have it actually fitted). I know the benefits are great.

Rock.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Your bike is stunning Pilot. Awesome work.

Any plans to go inside the engine? Some port work? Cams? I wouldn't touch the bottom end but there might be some power in the head...

Reactions: 500r Pilot

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice work. I presume that is a camera mount stuck to the seat cowl?
:thumbsup

Your bike is stunning Pilot. Awesome work.

Any plans to go inside the engine? Some port work? Cams? I wouldn't touch the bottom end but there might be some power in the head...
Not really interested in spending any money going inside the engine, I don't think that their is anything that can reasonably be done to justify performance/cost ratio. I think the answer is just go bigger really.

I put a deposit (refundable) down on a 2015 CBR1000RR...but I'm still on the fence about pulling the trigger on it since it cost an outrageous amount here in Thailand.

Boring question, but where did you get your stickers?
:hellobye Not a boring question....I've been asked a couple times :smilecolour
Autocollants Moto 3M s?rie motos pro. sticker adh?sif. - Lezebre.lu. sticker adhesif et tee shirts.
Stickers are a bit pricey at this place, but they're really good quality. I ordered some extras and plan to take them to a shop here and see if they can reproduce them as well. If they can, I can get 1 square meter of stickers for about $30 USD :spin

Ask them if they have something for the PC...
Are you referring to the Power Commander? My QS plugs directly into my PC5.

·
Registered
132 Posts
dude this looks sick, what model are those rizoma mirrors? I've had a quick squiz on their website but i can't seem to find your ones.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
430 Posts
This is an amazing looking bike! Is it bad that I think this bike is just a stepping stone? Here I see another example that this bike could be an end game bike for some people. Man do I love Rizoma mirros... Going to have to get some on my next bike.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
those are really nice handle bar grips. Their website does not list a set for 2013 cbr500r. How did you know if those fit before you bought them?
RGR205B :thumbsup

·
Registered
882 Posts
Well well, props to you for the time and money invested! Takes a commuter bike and makes it look truly more of a sport bike. Glad you are not doing anything internal as I agree 100% money/gains it would be a true waste. Looks great though mate, one of a kind.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Well well, props to you for the time and money invested! Takes a commuter bike and makes it look truly more of a sport bike. Glad you are not doing anything internal as I 100% money/gains it is a true waste. Looks great though mate, one of a kind.
I'm not sure if you're implying my modifications I've made are a waste or if I was to go inside the engine would be a waste?

I get a great deal of joy and satisfaction playing around with different parts and making subtle modifications. It's what makes riding my bike more enjoyable...ie, better parts = better riding experience.

As far as it being a "100% waste"...I disagree, all of the modifications that I've done have improved the suspension, handling, feel, smoothness, stopping power and comfort. Doesn't sound like a waste to me

Given my options available here, I'm quite happy with the bike. :spin

Reactions: Cartofe88

·
Registered
882 Posts
I'm not sure if you're implying my modifications I've made are a waste or if I was to go inside the engine would be a waste?

I get a great deal of joy and satisfaction playing around with different parts and making subtle modifications. It's what makes riding my bike more enjoyable...ie, better parts = better riding experience.

As far as it being a "100% waste"...I disagree, all of the modifications that I've done have improved the suspension, handling, feel, smoothness, stopping power and comfort. Doesn't sound like a waste to me

Given my options available here, I'm quite happy with the bike. :spin
I think my meaning was misunderstood, I think the bike is beautiful! I think your decision to not mod the engine is a good one. Love what you've done to it

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ha! :thumbsup I totally misunderstood brother...:spin

:beers

Been a super long day here :smile9

1 - 20 of 54 Posts