Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has this happened to anyone? I might add some pictures to anyone.

On the left side there seems to be up & down play which changes the angle & pressure point resulting in the ball bearing damaging the positioning plate.

I have already swapped a new plate in & even switched the plate, bearing and spring from the other side and while it works since that plate hasn’t been damaged from the abnormal wear angle it is difficult and benefits from lifting up to change the pressure point when folding out.

I have measured with a micrometer the spring depth, ball bearing, the plate and those are good. This leaves me thinking the only possibility is a manufacturer defect in the peg frame that bolts up to the bike inside the plate area resulting in that play in angle.

It’s a 2016. Anyone else run into this?

·
Registered
599 Posts
In trying to achieve a different purpose, I have disassembled both of mine, and then decided to go back to stock. I had no problems. I have a 2016 F model.

Don't go off too crazy at first. Try to very closely analyze the problem and then maybe a little machining, new plate, (or other part) could solve the problem w/o spending too much.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts