Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all hope everyone is well. I'm a proud owner of my first big bike my Honda cb500x. I'm just after a little help please, the weather in the UK at the moment is cold and freezing so am probably not going to go out on my bike for a while unfortunately. But I read up and id like to purchase paddock stands to keep the bike off the cold concrete floor in my garage. Can anyone recommend any stands that I can use straight away with needing bobbins on my bike. Any help would be apreciated. Thank you. Simon

· Registered
164 Posts
The abba "Front & Rear package 2" allows one person to get the bike totally off the ground safely. No need for bobbins. They have a UK website.
Not cheap, but might make sense if you plan to do things like rebuilding the front forks, replacing the rear shock, changing your own tires, etc.

For Winter storage (>5 months in my case) I just leave the bike on its side stand.

There are cheap paddock stands that have little platforms that fit under the rear of the swing arm to lift it. I use one when cleaning the chain. A bit tricky to get the bike safely on and off it.

Honda makes a center stand for the cb500x (at least for the older models) and some people have installed it.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi all hope everyone is well. I'm a proud owner of my first big bike my Honda cb500x. I'm just after a little help please, the weather in the UK at the moment is cold and freezing so am probably not going to go out on my bike for a while unfortunately. But I read up and id like to purchase paddock stands to keep the bike off the cold concrete floor in my garage. Can anyone recommend any stands that I can use straight away with needing bobbins on my bike. Any help would be apreciated. Thank you. Simon
The abba sky lift is great, especially if you plan to work on your bike too--i bought one and had it shipped to the US. Sky Lift

1 - 5 of 5 Posts