Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just browsing the Honda site in the UK and noticed the bike comes out in May here. ABS and HISS as standard and comes in three colours:
Black
Red
White
The bike is the same price as the CBR500R which is £4,950 out the door with 12 months road tax and first registration.

It will be interesting to see how many sell and how it affects the NC700x version sales.

http://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/adventure/#!/cb500x/

·
Registered
643 Posts
Yes and finance is something like £99 deposit and 36 payments of £140 odd. Total payment of less than £5300 over 3 years seems good to me!

Going to try and get a ride on one of the other CB500s next weekend and if I really like it I might order an X without seeing one.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Ordered

Hi all,
I just put a deposit down on a 'x'

I have also optioned centre stand,high screen,wind deflectors and Heated grips.

Buying via Ecosse motorcycles in Aberdeen who were happy to communicate via Email.
They gave a good trade in price and they reckon nc700 sales will dive because of this bike,roughly same output for £100 less.
I did like the helmet storage on the NC700 but was a wee bit too expensive bare.

cheers

Roy:cool:

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Welcome aboard, Roy. Congrats on the impending purchase.

Reactions: chubbybrown

·
Registered
643 Posts
Roy, when do they expect to have your biready for you?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi all,

Buying via Ecosse motorcycles in Aberdeen who were happy to communicate via Email.
They gave a good trade in price and they reckon nc700 sales will dive because of this bike,roughly same output for £100 less.
I did like the helmet storage on the NC700 but was a wee bit too expensive bare.

cheers

You mean £1000 less?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Hi all,

cheers

Seems like all the people getting x's are from Scotland! I may have to move there!!

Reactions: tizzy23

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Seems like all the people getting x's are from Scotland! I may have to move there!!
Nice roads in Scotland but crap weather, it's got worse weather than England and that is saying something.

If you like being wet while riding then I'd recommend Scotland:p;)

Let's just say this about sums it up:D

·
Registered
212 Posts
Just back from my local Honda dealer and the red CB500X looks great and feels comfy. I did like the NC700X I test rode and although it was a tad tall for my 29 inch inside leg, I coped with it OK. But the CB500X is a smidgen lower and feels better for me. Going to test ride one in Edinburgh tomorrow.
I am glad they have arrived earlier than expected.

·
Registered
565 Posts
My local dealer (in Surrey, UK) has an X outside on display so they are filtering through!

·
Registered
643 Posts
Yes, won't be long now till we get the first proper rider report on here. Who will be first?!! You'll have to wait till Saturday for mine!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts