Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bring her home in 3 days! Sheba is 8 weeks old today; (Oct 7) we have never before seen a more perfect specimen of a German Shepherd... if she takes after her Mom and Dad she will be a truly stunning dog indeed! We have things all set for her arrival. (installing baby gates this evening) We have spent $1,500 on "accessories" so far, plus another $1,300+ for doggie medical insurance for the next 12 months. We won't even talk about the price for Sheba! Wow, can't believe how fast it all adds up... here is a partial list of doggie stuff purchased in the past two weeks... and below that, a pic of Sheba taken 3 days ago. (at 7.5 weeks old) We can hardly wait to have her home with us!

Glen
Focus On Newfoundland

- custom-engraved name tags - both dogs
- XXL deluxe bolster microsuede dog bed
- Furminator deshedding brush
- undercoat rake - 12cm
- 2 bottles of oatmeal shampoo
- Furminator Deshedding Ultra Premium Dog Shampoo
- Furminator Deshedding Premium Dog Conditioner
- Furminator Deshedding Waterless Spray
- "Flexi-Giant" retractable leash with heavy-duty 26' lead (up to 110 lbs)
- Deluxe pooper scooper
- medium collar - 10-14 inches
- large collar - 13-20 inches
- large "Buckle Down" pink camo collar
- matching (1"- wide) "Buckle Down" pink camo 4' lead
- 4 deluxe baby gates
- pack of 12 large fetch tennis balls
- ‎rubberized rope ball toy
- ‎barbell chew/fetch toy
- ‎Large "KONG" treat dispenser
- Large "‎KONG Air" squeaker dumbbell
- soft 22cm doggie Frisbee
- "Rosewood" chew bone - Jumbo
- Iams Proactive Health Smart Puppy - Large Breed
- ‎XXL (48"l x 30"w x 32"h) dog crate - adjustable divider
- ‎food bowls - 2 Large (21 cm) and 2-XXL (30 cm)
- Citrus Magic (enzyme cleaner for pets)
- Black & Decker cordless (Lithium Ion Battery) hand vac (for hair!)
- dental kit - brush, finger brush, toothpaste
- assorted bedding and towels
- Trupanion comprehensive health insurance policy (both dogs)

·
Registered
885 Posts
Awwwww, so cute!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
251 Posts
Beautiful puppy. Have fun with the new addition to the family and may she enjoy many years of good health.

Cheers,

Snade

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone! Just one more sleep until we get her! Not looking forward to the 16.5 hour epic journey across the province though, including two ferry crossings... Gonna be a loooonnnnnnggggg day!

Glen
Focus On Newfoundland

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Come on, now we have to know!
Well, just think of the new 2017 CB500FA out-the-door, and we're getting warm. (with a bit left over to cover up that new brown motor... brown, bronze, whatever, it needs to be covered up) I told the Missus we could have bought another new bike for what we have spent on Sheba. She says... "but we already have two bikes". Well, she has a point there, I'll give her that.

Glen
Focus On Newfoundland

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Saw the pic and it made me think of how our Meka looked three years ago. Love the breed.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Dogs bring love into a hone, I've got two dogs and love them a whole lot.

That's one good looking baby there.
Thanks everyone, for your kind comments. We have our new puppy! I will write more after some much needed rest, (it was a 17 hour journey to get her!) but Sheba is home safe and sound with us, and the Misses and I are totally in love with her! What a gorgeous creature she is. And BIG! More later.

Glen
Focus On Newfoundland

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I spent almost the entire day flat on my back in bed with my usual spinal issues, while the Misses entertained Sheba. But I would come downstairs periodically to play too, and she would smother me with love, and vice versa. She is beyond adorable! I am absolutely dumbfounded at how perfect Sheba is! I am constantly reading on Shepherd forums all about how wound up/hyper these little beasts are, yet Sheba has been quite content indeed to simply curl up at our feet, have a snooze, squeak a toy, snuggle, and have another snooze. All day long.

This critter is only 8.5 weeks old, yet she is already large enough to look over top of our baby gate! She is capable of holding her pee for hours. When we picked her up on the other side of the province yesterday, we drove for 5 hours straight before our first stop... while she slept! The entire way! And when we reached the ferry crossing we had a 2.5 hour wait, but she still didn't have to go, preferring instead to explore and try to eat tasty rocks. Then a one hour ferry crossing, followed by another half hour drive to our house, and only then, did she pee. (so in total, 9 hours!) All those hours of bumpy roads, and she sawed off logs the entire time. Sure, she drinks lots, but went right through the night without peeing. (mind you, it's a big one when she does go)

She is an expert at flying up and down stairs already, but as our other dog Chrissy (Shih Tzu) is currently under the weather and staying in bed upstairs, we told Sheba she must stay downstairs, and she does. No gate required. We said "stay", one time, and she knows to stay... does not even attempt to sneak up the stairs now.

When we picked her up yesterday the breeder said that out of the whole litter, Sheba is the calmest, and seemingly the most intelligent. She has all of the same traits as the mother, and the looks of the father. To see her parents, we are thrilled. They are both magnificent specimens, that's for sure. She told us how Sheba was always quite content to watch her siblings carry on like lunatics, while she sits back all dignified, and analyzed the proceedings, reflecting on their childish behavior. We thought she was perhaps just laying it on thick for our benefit, but no, it's true... Sheba is not a typical German Shepherd (Tasmanian Devil) puppy! And she is pretty much completely house-trained. We did not expect this at all. How did that happen?

Sheba tried to give me a tiny bit of a nimble when she was snuggling/hugging me, so I gently told her no, and the poor creature looked crestfallen. She never nibbled again, but very gently licked and kissed us both to death. Needless to say, we have already told the breeder that if she decides to breed these two again, we will take another! After less than 24 hours, we are both completely smitten... to say the least. Now we must find ways to keep poor little Chrissy from becoming jealous of her new sister!

I am hoping to get my DSLRs out this week and attempt to get some decent shots, but we will see how I feel in the coming days... I have had a rough go of it lately, but I am somewhat improved this evening, after an entire day of much-needed rest.

Glen
Focus On Newfoundland

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I managed to take my first photo of Sheba since she came home on Tuesday. She said she didn't want her picture taken, but I had to let her know who is wearing the pants around here. What a cutie... We are in love with her!!

Glen
Focus On Newfoundland

·
Registered
885 Posts
Awwwwwww. Lovely puppy. She’s lucky to be in such a good home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 88 Posts