Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Riders,

I'm getting my first ride CBR500R ABS Red on 04/27/13. It will be nice to hear the prices in different areas:

·
Registered
27 Posts
5799 then all the fees and tax put me at like 6600 otd. They got me on 310.00 shipping charge, 98.00 service charge, then my 7% tax, and title/temp plate fees. I told them I really wanted the 500f but they couldn't get any till may and that was still a maybe. They got one R in and I told them to make me a deal and ill buy it today! The high volume shops in pittsburgh said they would drop 150.00 from the sticker and he said that's even tough cause he sold all 5 of his before they were even put together! People are paying the sticker of 5999 so he couldn't do much. I used that in my advantage at my local shop and he said 200 was best he could go. I jumped on it! Once it woulda hit the floor it woulda been gone in like 2 days anyways!

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
The high volume shops in pittsburgh said they would drop 150.00 from the sticker and he said that's even tough cause he sold all 5 of his before they were even put together! People are paying the sticker of 5999 so he couldn't do much. I used that in my advantage at my local shop and he said 200 was best he could go. I jumped on it! Once it woulda hit the floor it woulda been gone in like 2 days anyways!
Exactly.
Demand is high for these. Don't expect dealers to budge on the price. They are holding firm.
Brand new model, no used ones in circulation out there yet.
Even at MSRP these bikes seem to be a good value.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My Red ABS MSRP was 6499.00. After all the taxes and fees it was $7395.
please tell me what dealer you got this from. im up in fresno and the dealer here said itd be "around" 8100 after everything for the red abs. I dont think ima be paying that crap. Maybe if they gave it to me minus the $700 dealership fees and a free jacket or seat cowl.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I guess I didn't do too badly on mine, I got my ABS model for $6963 OTD ($325 of which being tax).

·
Registered
72 Posts
I guess I didn't do too badly on mine, I got my ABS model for $6963 OTD ($325 of which being tax).
Holy crap, my dealer is telling me $7400. Did you get yours from Shenandoah Honda?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Not the CBR500r, but I did put a small deposit on a CB500x with ABS, and my out the door price is going to be $6,811. The dealer will be selling the ABS model for $6,299, the rest is tax (6% which I think worked out to $383) and around $129 doc fee, no freight or prep. I think this dealer will be selling all the 500 models for about $200 below msrp with no freight or prep fee, and $95 doc fee, my doc fee was more since I am from out of state, and there was a little more paper work.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Holy crap, my dealer is telling me $7400. Did you get yours from Shenandoah Honda?
Ouch! I got mine from Dohm Cycles here in Charleston, but being a repeat customer probably helped me get that price.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
please tell me what dealer you got this from. im up in fresno and the dealer here said itd be "around" 8100 after everything for the red abs. I dont think ima be paying that crap.
That dealer is trying to shaft you.
Shop around, you can do better. Don't settle for anything over $7,500 OTD.
You may have to drive farther to get it, but it will be worth it.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Holy crap, my dealer is telling me $7400.
This is exactly what the dealer wants to get for these bikes.
This is their target they are shooting for ---> ( $7,300-$7,600 mark OTD )

Anything more, and they are being greedy.
If you can talk them down around $7k, you are doing good.
If you can get it for under $7k... pat yourself on the back. You won.
:D

·
Registered
257 Posts
This is exactly what the dealer wants to get for these bikes.
This is their target they are shooting for ---> ( $7,300-$7,600 mark OTD )

Anything more, and they are being greedy.
If you can talk them down around $7k, you are doing good.
If you can get it for under $7k... pat yourself on the back. You won.
:D
Then, I won. $6,811:D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
macombpowersports.com/OTD

Hi,

Sorry for the delay ...I bought my CBR 500R ABS on 4/26/13:

Price of unit1- $6499
Assem/prep - $149
Destination- $299
Administration Fee -$190
Total -$7137
Tax(MI 6%) -$428.4

They didn't gave me any discount because of the bikes unavailable in market.... Please let me know if I paid too much.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Kkandra I'm in much the same boat. I payed $7219.00 out the door. All they did for me was knock off prep as far as I can tell. They monkeyed numbers and my bill of sale shows I payed $6499 for a the 500r. I did get 2.4% from my credit union and am at $404 a year for insurance. I'm 33, married, and own a house.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts