Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pre-ordered my CB500F ABS back in January. My deal in northern Virginia first told me late March, then April, now he doubts a May delivery. He said he ordered 4 for his dealership and received none and a colleague of his ordered 10 and received 1. I am disappointed in Honda's launch of this motorcycle. At this rate they won't arrive before the riding season is over. I'm seriously considering another bike. I figured I should sign up and post this because I'm sure Honda representatives created/lurk on this site. Has anyone else received similar news?

·
Registered
3 Posts
ABS are far and few between, your next chance would be for the second wave of orders and hope that dealer orders are filled better but the allocations have been poor. I just picked up the last ABS in the northeast today, awesome bike, worth holding out for :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
In Belgium you can only get the CBR500R and F with ABS (which is a good thing).

But here in Belgium the CBR500R is pretty rare atm. The F is found everywhere ..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ABS are far and few between, your next chance would be for the second wave of orders and hope that dealer orders are filled better but the allocations have been poor. I just picked up the last ABS in the northeast today, awesome bike, worth holding out for :)
Any idea when this second wave is due out?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Power honda dealer in Nebraska said the ABS F model was coming in Late June/ Early July.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought my CB500F ABS on Wednesday May 8th after extensive looking (I called and spoke with every Honda dealer near me) for an ABS model. Big St. Charles Motorsports Honda just happened to get a CB500F ABS in and they knew I was looking so they called me first. It was delivered free the same day. Thanks to emailing with Kevin Wethington at Honda of Chattanooga I was able to negotiate with my local dealer and I think I got a good deal. This is my first bike so I really felt that ABS for a little extra money gave me lots of extra protection to learn on. Good luck with your search and call EVERYONE to ensure that if they happen to get one in, you are their first call.

Sale Price: $5,242.00
Administration Fee: $79.00
Prep/Setup: $299.00
Destination Fee: $380.00

Total BEFORE TAX: $6,000.00

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've been waiting for a CB500F ABS too. For months, in the NYC area.
I do not want to settle for a faired version, I think if you are buying new you should get the bike you want! I might abandon my plans to get this bike and shell out some more cash and get a V-Strom if I don't find a CB500FA within the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
178 Posts
call mfi in woodbridge , they have had more than one! I test rode a black abs F there as a matter of fact. Call and ask them or Blaylock out in warrenton which is where i got my R from.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
that is 4 hours away!
i'll wait some more.
No worries. I just called them and they don't have any. I have accepted the fact that I won't get it until August. I'm buying a 2009 Gladius from a friend then reselling the Gladius to another friend when the CB500FA arrives.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The Gladius doesn't have ABS. Motorcycle model selection in the US is hard to explain. Suzuki had a perfectly good SV650 ABS, then they go change it with the Gladius, but there is no Gladius ABS. There is in Europe, just not here. They go use the same engine in the V-Strom but there it has ABS.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New here, picked up my 500F with ABS two weeks ago. I'm absolutely loving it, but it sure was no fun waiting. I put me deposit down in March and the dealer actually had to trade for the bike from another that had it sitting in a warehouse without knowing it....I'm super stoked they did!!

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Please do not deal with Coleman Powersport in Falls Church. They are full of attitude.
I only come there unless I have to.
They gave me $6.623 OTD, but said they would never know when it arrived. I was like really? Having my deposit $500 and saying do not know when. NO WAY buddy.
I googled all the Honda Dealers in Northern Virginia, and called several dealers in MD as well. Finally, I found one dealer in Manassas (my sale man is Chris, he is super nice and very professional) and gave me the best price in the area $6000 OTD.
I had my bike in 3 weeks after having my $500 deposit.
Good luck buddy. I got my sexy white CB500F and I am loving it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have put 307 miles on my CB500F ABS and I already want to upgrade to the CB1000R, anyone feel like saving money on a nearly brand new ABS? I am in NH, just shoot me a message and I can send you the CL link.

-Keith

1 - 20 of 23 Posts