Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question on the new USD forks...how do they handle compared to the traditional forks that came on the bike until 2022?
The reason I ask is I had a '17 CB500X and the forks flexed so much when cornering hard that the handling got pretty scary. I ended up selling the bike because I couldn't ride it as fast as I would like.
Thanks

·
Registered
CB500X 2017, V-Strom 650
77 Posts
Question on the new USD forks...how do they handle compared to the traditional forks that came on the bike until 2022?
The reason I ask is I had a '17 CB500X and the forks flexed so much when cornering hard that the handling got pretty scary. I ended up selling the bike because I couldn't ride it as fast as I would like.
Thanks
New fork is much better than OEM old ones but you still can improve the old one with stiffer springs or cartridges. In fact with cartridge you can achieve the same results in addition to the adjustability that gives you a cartridge setup.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Bullfrog. I don't know about the previous fork design, but the 2022 forks work great! What did you get to replace the 500X?
Thanks for the scoop on the new USD forks.

I bought a Suzuki DR650...great do it all bike but when cruising on the highway the vibration from the big single really gets old. My CB500X was a lot smoother :).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts