Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a CB500F 2022 from Shroaders in Hendersonville. I've had a lot of bikes and am on the backside of this hobby. Downsizing to keep going as best possible. I'll probably have a few questions about comfort and fit things. I am looking forward to some good conversations. 馃

Registered
Welcome. Many members also arrived here via many years of owning larger motos. I have had my 500F since 2016 & put 26,000 trouble free miles on it. It has proven to be a fun practical bike. Maybe the only downside is if you plan to spend a lot of time on high speed freeways you might want to change the gearing a tooth or two on the drive sprocket. I run stock gearing & find it a bit buzzy over 75mph.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome. Many members also arrived here via many years of owning larger motos. I have had my 500F since 2016 & put 26,000 trouble free miles on it. It has proven to be a fun practical bike. Maybe the only downside is if you plan to spend a lot of time on high speed freeways you might want to change the gearing a tooth or two on the drive sprocket. I run stock gearing & find it a bit buzzy over 75mph.
Thanks for the reply. I have little interest in riding this bike long distance. I do want to do some two lane paved rides in the 2 hour range. I have a couple of other bikes and they all have their specialties. The CB500F is really a nice light machine. I am a big fellow and while a little bit larger bike would have been better, I am committed to some weight loss and then the "F" will be perfect. 45 hp is enough for me now. Low N slow . Take in the images smells and sounds of the area.
I do need about 1" of pullback on the bar though. I have another Honda with those tapered bars. Having never wanted to move or change them, I need some guidance on what is needed to get them up and back a little bit on the F.
'

1 - 3 of 3 Posts