Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
just a quick intro, I’m 51 and live in the UK, I have been riding since I was 18, I’ve had a various mix of bikes over the years, started riding in the military on can am bombardiers and Armstrong’s, my first bike I bought was a Honda cb250 then Kawasaki gpz, Suzuki gs500, Honda vfr, and a Honda cbr600f, and yesterday I collected a new cbr500r, so looking forward to putting a few miles on it before the weather does it’s usual thing and I end up wearing waders instead of bike boots 😂

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Tsquared,
thanks for the welcome, yes I bought it new yesterday afternoon, did almost 40 miles on it riding it back the long way around and another 30 or so earlier today before the heavens opened up and the rain came down, it’s a great bike and so easy to ride.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Fox,
Thanks for the welcome, now that you mention it I need to get some taken, I will do a few pics tomorrow and get them posted on here.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Hello and welcome.

There’s a distinct demographic for owners of these fine machines. People are either newly qualified and inexperienced; or highly experienced, older and have owned a large number of bikes.

Like you, I fall into the second camp. 52, riding over 40 years, too many bikes to list. My 2016 CBR500R is easily the best all-rounder I have ever owned.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Glen,
Thanks for the welcome 🤗, I can see why people are loving these bikes, so easy to ride and enough real world power, I have had more powerful and faster bikes but you can’t really use it on uk roads, this 500cbr fits the bill perfectly for me, very happy with my choice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts