Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just picked up my first ‘74 CB500F. Not real familiar with older bikes in general. I’ve always had an interest in them and finally pulled the trigger on buying one. Any thing I need to be aware of or look out for? What should I change/ upgrade. Always looking for more power but what are some of you guys doing to your CB’s to improve performance/ comfort/ dependability? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I think you're in the wrong forum. The CB-500s here are the 2013-2020 models.
Maybe, but I actually owned a 1972 CB500F(four). Brown/Black with lots of chromed fenders. Pretty spiffy little bike for it's day. Even if it didn't get much love from fans of it's Big Sister CB750F(four). It was one of my motorcycle purchases that had a short production life... Along with an '83 R80RT BMW that I ended up riding for 34 years.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Nice looking bike. I don't care for the "Cafe" style, but each to his own.

IMO, this is from the era when Honda made very nice motorcycles. Now other than the Gold Wings et. al. almost everything is made to look like the "sprocket rocket" styling which I literally hate! They are appealing to those who "THINK" they are racers. This forum has some of those!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts