Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just thought I would post some pictures of the new mods I just got in today for my bike ( wish my bike was in lol ). When my bike comes in I will take pictures of the install and the final product.

I hope these pictures help you guys make a decision on what to buy.

I can tell that this exhaust system is very well built and high quality.

But for those wondering this system looks like it has a catalytic converter but it is only a resonator, its hard to see in the picture but I showed a picture of the inside of it and the muffler and they are both straight through.

the exhaust is the Leo Vince Corsa GP Racing Full System Carbon Fiber

and I ordered H7 5000k HIDs with ultra slim balasts and I have all the stuff to make my own heavy duty relay harness and rewire the hids with 14 gauge high quality wire.

Attachments

·
Registered
219 Posts
Friggin' sweet man, be sure to let us know how the exhaust is! I'm definitely wanting something aftermarket myself since I can barely hear the thing running down low, but I don't want something deafening either. I'd love to see some walkthrough pics on the HID's as well, since that's another thing I'd really like to do. Good luck!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ill definatly make a walkthrough on installing both, but im going way overkill on my setup so most people probably will not want to do the same job as me.

Being an automotive mechanic I do a lot of wiring jobs and see faulty wiring that fails and causes fires so overkill is how I do things.

And when the exhaust is on ill get some good sound clips, this particular exhaust system comes with an insert that screws into the muffler to quiet it down if it is to loud for you. I do not think I will ever install this.

From what I can tell from other sound clips on the net even with this full exhaust setup the bike is still not that loud, just deep sounding.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also just a heads up to anyone interested in buying this exhaust, I purchased mine from Surfside Moto - Motorcycle Parts, Motorcycle Accessories and Motorcycle Gear it was in stock and was shipped and delivered for free within 3 days. I think the free shipping was a limited time promotion but I took advantage of it.

I bought it from them for $499 usd which is about $100 usd cheaper than anywhere else I looked.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Wow! That's some heavy gauge wire! Totally with you on being safe, but will you have any resistance issues on using such a heavy gauge? Genuine question, not trying to be smart. :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope, all will be good, this is the wire I always use when making headlight harnesses for cars and it always works flawless and so far I haven't had one come back with an issue and ive been doing it for many years now. I always over engineer my stuff.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Excellent stuff and reckon the threads you post of the work will be massive as a lot of us will be really interested to see how an expert does it!..

·
Senior Knee Dragger
286 Posts
Looks like christmas came early for someone. Looking great must be exciting. If possible can you do short write up of the HID kit installation for the cb500F since there isn't one yet. This could help encourage others to possibly doing the mod and helping them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Any issues with the Leo exhaust install? If so please post picture or video. According to one video a bracket had to be modified. Thanks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I will definatly take pictures and do a write up of the install for everyone wanting one.

I just need the bike to come in, the dealer told me it will be this week, but after reading some stories I don't really believe it.

I know the exhaust needs to be modded to accept the factory cover over the resonator, I do not know how I am going to do this yet because I need the bike to figure it out, but I will definatly take pictures of the fix and a walkthrough, looks like I might have to fab up a custom bracket.

As far as custom ecu mapping I don't have any plans right now , one company said that they installed it with noticeable gains with the factory tune, I guess as long as the o2 sensor is installed then it should be able to adjust accordingly within reason.

but when 2 brothers launches the juice box pro I will definatly pick it up.

I do not plan on getting the bike dynoed, there is no real place for me to have that done locally and I don't plan on driving somewhere to have it done.

I was going to wait for 2 brothers exhaust but when I heard it was only going to be a slip on I lost interest because I wanted a full system.

im thinking about ordering the seat cowl because I hate the look of the rear seat.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Surprised you guys aren't ordering H4 bulbs for their two filaments and modifying to fit .
Now that's an interesting idea !!

a couple of jumper wires between the OEM plugs should do it.......

·
Registered
143 Posts
It's a little more complicated than that as the bases of the bulbs are different, But an H4 HID kit would be easy enough to get working. The only difference between fitting an H7 and an H4 kit is that the plug supplied to fire the relays would need to be replaced (cut off and splice directly to the stock harness, or make a patch cable).
The base of an H4 bulb needs to be dremmel'd to make fit in an H7 housing.

·
Registered
27 Posts
finally someone wanting to put some projector headlights into this bike :) please post a write up when you are done as I plan on doing the same.

Thanks
Phil

1 - 20 of 25 Posts