Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I ordered a pair of reasonably sharp looking mirrors from China three weeks ago. Finally arrived and I installed them quickly. Yet to take it for a ride, will do in a few hours.
So here they are:

So, they are much smaller than I pictured. The right hand one was a breeze, it's tight and doesn't rattle at all.
The left hand one however required two washers to make sure it fit tightly into the stock housing, and the point where the mirror arm attaches to the swivel point does move a bit, but not much. I will need to find a solution short of stuffing it with glue.

Here's the link:
eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

·
Registered
62 Posts
I bet you fitted them with a double ended allen key... :)

They look sharp! Any idea whether they clear your elbows much? That's always the problem I have with aftermarket mirrors.

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bet you fitted them with a double ended allen key... :)

They look sharp! Any idea whether they clear your elbows much? That's always the problem I have with aftermarket mirrors.
They poke out a good 10-12cm further than the stock ones. They clear my elbows, but I'm not a big guy. I actually used my own Allen set, they sent me those ones for free.

·
Registered
62 Posts
You got free gifts too? Gosh!

But seriously, that sounds a lot better than std. I had a test on an F, and I could barely see past my elbows.

Excelsior! :)

·
Senior Knee Dragger
286 Posts
So, I ordered a pair of reasonably sharp looking mirrors from China three weeks ago. Finally arrived and I installed them quickly. Yet to take it for a ride, will do in a few hours.
So here they are:

So, they are much smaller than I pictured. The right hand one was a breeze, it's tight and doesn't rattle at all.
The left hand one however required two washers to make sure it fit tightly into the stock housing, and the point where the mirror arm attaches to the swivel point does move a bit, but not much. I will need to find a solution short of stuffing it with glue.

Here's the link:
eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d
Looks really nice Mike! i love the shape of the mirrors. Can you take a picture of it further away so we can get a nice overall look of the CB500 with the mirrors. Thanks ;)

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks really nice Mike! i love the shape of the mirrors. Can you take a picture of it further away so we can get a nice overall look of the CB500 with the mirrors. Thanks ;)
Ask and you shall receive!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Are you absolutely sure those won't fit the 500R Loserlazer?
I really like the look of those mirrors and would love to have them on my R
but if they for sure won't fit the R than i guess that would be a waste on money :(

Anybody try fitting them on an R?

Mikethebear do you know anyone with an R that you can do a check on that for us?
I would love to see how they look on an R

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Unfortunately, I have found the Chinese mirrors to be small and poorly built.

ride safely,

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
Are you absolutely sure those won't fit the 500R Loserlazer?
I really like the look of those mirrors and would love to have them on my R
but if they for sure won't fit the R than i guess that would be a waste on money :(

Anybody try fitting them on an R?

Mikethebear do you know anyone with an R that you can do a check on that for us?
I would love to see how they look on an R
i checked for r and they might fit but to the handlebar only. still not sure fully as did not see one installed. it might touch to windscreen.
but these mirrors are very small and hard to notice things fast especially for fast and dynamic city rides where mirrors are your third and fourth eyes.

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They'd likely be too small for the R. They just don't extend out far enough. You could mix them with some extenders however.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Personally don't really like them, would also annoy me when you filter as they stick out from your bars.

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Personally don't really like them, would also annoy me when you filter as they stick out from your bars.
Why does everyone keep saying that? They don't stick out at all :confused:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts