Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all members.
Just got my new to me 2015 CBR500R with 10k MILES on it.
it seems that everything is good in working order.plan to ride it like i stole it this long weekend.
I have done all maintanace on my previous bikes myself ,and will do a major check up next weekend on CBR.
I will probably change brake pads , flush and replace all the fluids ,oil and air filter , spark plugs.
I do not have the repair shop service manual , but I am hoping to find videos or pages here for recomendations. I also want to change the OEM battery with LEAD Batteries, :wink:just seems to me a little lazy battery.
Please let me know if you have any recommendations.
Thank you
Ride safe /Ride long:wink:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hi, and welcome. Have fun, and keep the rubber side down.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hello all members.
Just got my new to me 2015 CBR500R with 10k MILES on it.
it seems that everything is good in working order.plan to ride it like i stole it this long weekend.
I have done all maintanace on my previous bikes myself ,and will do a major check up next weekend on CBR.
I will probably change brake pads , flush and replace all the fluids ,oil and air filter , spark plugs.
I do not have the repair shop service manual , but I am hoping to find videos or pages here for recomendations. I also want to change the OEM battery with LEAD Batteries, :wink:just seems to me a little lazy battery.
Please let me know if you have any recommendations.
Thank you
Ride safe /Ride long:wink:
Welcome Enns
Are you sure the brake pads/fluids need replacing after only 10 miles on the clock? The bike came with iridium spark plugs so should be good for 16,000 miles although I always change at 10k miles.

I changed my battery to a Motobatt lithium sports battery which has a far higher starting current, works great.
Check out utube for info etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome Enns
Are you sure the brake pads/fluids need replacing after only 10 miles on the clock? The bike came with iridium spark plugs so should be good for 16,000 miles although I always change at 10k miles.

I changed my battery to a Motobatt lithium sports battery which has a far higher starting current, works great.
Check out utube for info etc.
Thank you for sharing these with me.
Ride safe/Ride long:wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts