Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
CBR500R 2022 Matt black.
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new to the forum and happy to be here, I recently bought a CBR 500R 2022 model.
I had bikes when I was young and I am 62 now. Looking forward to all the tips and advice
I can learn on this forum.

· Registered
199 Posts
At 63, you are mere youngster, with many years of riding ahead of you. I'll be 86 in 3 weeks, and justifiably can look at 63 year olds as "youngsters. You've bought a very solid, very reliable bike. Mine is a '17F model, bought new in 2019 for a $2100 USD drop in price and it's fitted with many modifications for comfort, including a US-Made Russell "Day Long" seat and a Wilbers shock absorber, plus a 3# lithium battery and a 2 tooth larger countershaft sprocket, a very important mod for me as I was never comfortable (intellectually) with the small engine howling at a much higher rpm than sounded reasonable to me. I fitted panniers as I like to carry "things" such as a rain suit, a book, some tools and a can of pressurized puncture sealant, a tubeless tire repair kit, spare clutch cable, and on and on. This results from remembering all the things I wanted along now and then on rides since the early 1950s when I began riding. There have been no lapses for me. My wife rode pillion on my bikes from 1972 until 2016, She still encourages me to ride as she knows how important riding has been in my life.

I hope you'll get a good cold weather riding suit, maybe heated vest and gloves, and will not allow your fine, new bike to languish in the garage until Spring.

Happy to have you on this forum,

Ralph

1 - 5 of 5 Posts