Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

New CL500

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  AlanSmith7 
#1 ·
I don’t know about the rest of the world, but in the UK at least you can now order the latest member of the 500 family, the CL500, which adds a touch of retro street scrambler style to the mix.

I saw them at the NEC Motorcycle Live show this weekend and they look pretty good. Nicer, to my eyes, than the CB500, although everyone’s tastes will vary.
Tire Wheel Motorcycle Vehicle Automotive tire

See less See more
#3 ·
I like the looks a lot. More like a motorcycle than an insect with wheels, as many modern bikes seem to me. I like the round headlight and the long, flat seat. Not a fan of the color, tho, but that is very incidental. I bet this bike sells very well and it might eventually come to the USA.
Ralph

#4 ·
I like the looks a lot. More like a motorcycle than an insect with wheels, as many modern bikes seem to me. I like the round headlight and the long, flat seat. Not a fan of the color, tho, but that is very incidental. I bet this bike sells very well and it might eventually come to the USA.
Ralph
I like the looks a lot too. Much more so than the "normal" CB500.

Personally though, I'd want flat bars and a low level exhaust, bit it's definitely a long way nearer my visual ideal than any of the other current offerings.

If Honda did a retro version of the 500 with 70s styling cues like Kawasaki have done with their Z650RS I would be down to the Honda dealership in the morning to chop my CBR500R in for one, but as thing stand I'll be keeping it for the foreseeable.

#5 ·
If this ever does come to the states--we never get the good stuff--I would be mighty tempted to try to get one. Fuel tank capacity and rear suspension give me pause, and I don't know how expensive it would be to add some luggage options..... but I definitely still want it. It's essentially the bike I wanted when I bought my F.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.