Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I had the pleasure of driving my wife's cb500f home from the dealership today.

Rode about 35kms and even though I didn't get to test it very much (new tires, sandy roads, etc, etc) it's a very nice bike to ride, light steering, smooth transmission, comfortable riding position.

I ride a VFR1200 and have to say that I may steal her bike the odd weekend to go blasting around town. That is if she will let me, but that's a story for another day. :)

I'm hoping honda sells a bunch of the 500 and this become a active great community.

Cheers.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hopefully the wife will give it up every once and a while. I got mine today and have to admit I haven't stopped smiling. I'm itching to get back on that bad boy ... but have to load it up in my truck tomorrow and drive it 400kms home. Hope I don't cause any damage :)

Honda north bay is actually loading it in my truck for me after I've been riding it all over today.

·
Registered
565 Posts
but have to load it up in my truck tomorrow and drive it 400kms home.
Maybe a daft question but why don't you ride it back - appreciate 400kms is a long old ride but will be great to run it in and enjoy the scenery?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Maybe a daft question but why don't you ride it back - appreciate 400kms is a long old ride but will be great to run it in and enjoy the scenery?
i would guess seeing that it is a trip from North Bay Ontario to Scarborough Ontario.. 400km of cold weather and a winter warning about

"April 10, 2013 — Thursday could be a challenging day for motorists as freezing rain and ice pellets are forecast across southern Ontario. Some areas could pick up heavy snow as well."

not a nice time to be riding a new bike :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hopefully the wife will give it up every once and a while. I got mine today and have to admit I haven't stopped smiling.
Lets hope you get it more often :rolleyes:

How did you find the riding position to be like? Is it really as comfortable as mentioned?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi all,

I had the pleasure of driving my wife's cb500f home from the dealership today.

Rode about 35kms and even though I didn't get to test it very much (new tires, sandy roads, etc, etc) it's a very nice bike to ride, light steering, smooth transmission, comfortable riding position.

I ride a VFR1200 and have to say that I may steal her bike the odd weekend to go blasting around town. That is if she will let me, but that's a story for another day. :)

I'm hoping honda sells a bunch of the 500 and this become a active great community.

Cheers.
You sir have a really cool wife. While your wide owns a CBR500, some of ours are probably against it and worrying how long till we get serious injured.

How long have the both of you been into bikes?

Do you think with your wife owning a CBR500 and you being able to ride it when ever it's free will eventually make you want to get your own?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Thank you whiteknuckle --- you hit that right on the head of the nail!

I would have loved to ride it home. I bought it from North Bay Ontario because the ones in Toronto seem to have Deposits, are spoken for in some fashion ... or have not arrived yet .. North Bay got one ... I bought it .. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm hoping to take it out for a spin every so often. I find the bike ergos quite comfortable, and I'm a tall guy.

I've only been riding for about 6 years and wish I would have picked it up sooner. The wife is relatively new to the sport. Picked her up a dirt bike last summer, she enjoys riding that around and learning as she goes.

I couldn't see myself getting a second cb500 as it just wouldn't be practical.

Thanks for the welcome!

Ride on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts