Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good mooring all,

Id like to start off by saying hello to you all and thanks for a fresh forum for the 500 honda sport bikes. So I am brand new to the forum as well as to sport bikes. I'm 33 on and on my 4th scooter. Started out with an 04 Honda Sabre, moved up to a 06 Ultra Classic, got married and bought a house (sold the ultra). Wanted to still enjoy cruzzzing on two wheels so I bought a CRF230l for beer runs, rids to the folks (they live 2 miles down the road) and occasional trail rides with my brother and pops they also have 230s). So here I am getting back into some real riding and I decided to try my first sport bike. My brother and I are at it again buying a couple CBR500rs together. Him a red and me a white. We are taking delivery tomorrow after work. I am so stoked! I hope to find a bunch of new friends here and share some of my bike knolage as well as learn a bunch more.

Brian.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Welcome aboard!
This should be good, especially if you and your brother are similarly experienced and skilled.
You'll be able to tell us if the red is faster! ;)

Reactions: Big times

·
Registered
565 Posts
Welcome and glad you moved from scooters to proper bikes ;).. they are great bikes and I'm 100% sure you won't be sorry you brought the CBR's

Reactions: Big times

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome aboard!
This should be good, especially if you and your brother are similarly experienced and skilled.
You'll be able to tell us if the red is faster! ;)
I bet it will. My brother is a little more experienced then me. He is also a bit mor of an adrenalin junkie as well. Not by much, he is a old v-twin guy to. He had a CBR250, trying to fill the need to ride as I did. Didn't quite due it for him. "That little bike couldn't get out of its own way" he said. But he was use to 90+hp. Just being a red bike ads like 10hp any how. :p

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome and glad you moved from scooters to proper bikes ;).. they are great bikes and I'm 100% sure you won't be sorry you brought the CBR's
I think it will as well. We test road them last Friday. Couldn't stop smiling for the rest of the afternoon. I know they are not power houses or anything but the do have a bit of pull. I love the motor. It is so smooth in every way. Constant pull over all RPMs, and no flat spots in throttle. I love the sound to. Sounds like it feels, torquey! They sure are neat bikes. A whole different animal, not just in style from what we are use to but also in sport bikes.

Reactions: DkD
1 - 5 of 5 Posts