Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, not new to the forum as I used to be on here when I had my 500F. I'm picking up my 2021 x model tomorrow and I'm looking to find a cheap skid plate. Pastic would be okay as I'll only be on dirt roads, Just looking for a little something. Anyone know of a reasonable priced plate. I see the SW Motech is pretty pricey.

·
Registered
9 Posts
With the Honda cb500x using the engine as a stressed part of the frame, it makes the mounting of a skid plate a far more complicated affair as their are only limited and inconvenient points to attach a skid plate. I haven't seen any inexpensive aftermarket skid plates, nor is fabricating that will actually do some good one an easy chore.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I'm seeing that so I ordered a fender extender and I'll forget the skid plate thing. Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
ff you really ant to protect something it probably should be heavier than the 20 gauge or so metal typically used on dryer, Getting the metal isn't the problem. Finding a way to attach it so the frame absorbs the blow rather than the engine is the problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts