Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished putting my neons on my 500r and they look fantastic.
Ill wait till later tonight to post a video so I can show the lights in action.

The kit was an LEDglow 6peice 6" kit, in hardend all weater/all tempurature housings.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Yes pls.. and how easy an install was it too?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought them off of amazon for 41usd, which was about 20usd cheaper than on the website. GO AMAZON! :D
And install was precarious, mostly due to the fact that my mounting adhesive patches had gone stale and had to use super glue, and since the engine's fairing setup is so tight to the engine I had to use zip lines and such to secure the engine lights underneath most of the fairing.
All and all it took about 2 hours, but about 40 minutes of that was finding flat surfaces to mount the neons to.

I put the power control box in the underseat storage and linked straight into the battery, LED's are ultra low consumption so I don't have to worry about batter load, but just to be safe I got a trickle charger.
We wired the connections right up against the inside of the frame so you can't see anything.
Putting rim tape and tank pad on this afternoon, exhaust next week.
Also, I apologize about the crappy pictures my andriod is kinda dumb.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Get better pictures! I'd like to see what it looks like at night but the night photo is kind of blurry.

Actually it is very blurry!

A+ for trying though hehe.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nice neons. Is that the only colors you can choose? I hear some colors are illegal to use in some states.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Like I said crappy camera on my phone :) ill get some better night shots.
And no, its the million color option. So I have white,red,blue,green,yellow,orange,chirstmas colors and a few other odd combo's along with some strobing functions very reminicent of police and emergency vehicle lights.
The only colors illegal most places are "strobing functions" because it makes you a harder target to comprehend at night for cagers

·
Registered
521 Posts
Like I said crappy camera on my phone :) ill get some better night shots.
And no, its the million color option. So I have white,red,blue,green,yellow,orange,chirstmas colors and a few other odd combo's along with some strobing functions very reminicent of police and emergency vehicle lights.
The only colors illegal most places are "strobing functions" because it makes you a harder target to comprehend at night for cagers
I think more of the reason blinking lights are illegal is because they can confuse people and make them think you're an emergency vehicle of some sort. At least thats how its written up in Ohio.

Looks good though!

I'm thinking of getting some LED's to go with the reflective blue rim tape on my 500 if I end up getting it!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Not too bad at all. Other color LED's would look like. An example.... for a red CBR500 I would get red LED's. Thankfully on a sport bike it doesn't look "ricey" when done right.

Another thing I was considering was installing a number of puddle lights sort of like what VIP Car guys have.

·
Senior Knee Dragger
286 Posts
these guys usually use a single bight LED underneath the belly pan fairing. I would like to see a strip of smd LEDs but It just wouldn't be as bright.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Here are the pictures :D

Got some better pictures, shows the ground wash much better and the internals. its great, the colors look fantastic.
I put two in the rear fender well, one on either side inside the engine fairing, one inside the front cowl, and one underneath too add to the "wash effect" underneath :D looks great with the purple and aqua.

Also ill put up the picture of the tank pad on and the rim taping sunday or Monday

Attachments

Reactions: RedLady

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It has just white,, however digital cameras don't pick it up as white, they pick it up as super bright pink. But it looks white to people

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Interseting. That is good to hear. I like the kit though. How much does it cost? How hard is the install?

·
Registered
143 Posts
looks pretty cool. Is it distracting when riding at night (like driving with the map light on), or do you not notice it?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The price and such are on the first post.
Took a bit of time, had to take most of the fairing panels off (picture on first page)
We picked the places on the fairings/body where it would A. Fit and B. Make sure that it didn't shine into my face. So it actually looks pretty good. There is a little light was, but its no more distracting than the wash from the turn signals.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts