Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
Make the airbox intake larger I'd say. It was pretty easy on the CBR250R, but on this bike you need to remove the battery to get in there and it does make your air filter dirtier.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Well, the absolute cheapest and easiest is to keep the revs above 4500 :D
The bike seems to like it there, too.

Reactions: Big times

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
There is always a way to modify the stock exhaust silencer.
You have to take it apart and look at it inside. Sometimes you can cut a pipe shorter, or you can fabricate a larger pipe inside. Takes some skill, but it can be done.
Look at the back of it. See the little hole in the end? The idea is to make that BIGGER.

·
Registered
175 Posts
the cheapest way known to date is just simple cut of the muffler and weld on a pipe and when you get some money up from saving just invest in a full system with a tune.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
There is always a way to modify the stock exhaust silencer.
You have to take it apart and look at it inside. Sometimes you can cut a pipe shorter, or you can fabricate a larger pipe inside. Takes some skill, but it can be done.
Look at the back of it. See the little hole in the end? The idea is to make that BIGGER.
The muffler can be louder without making a bigger exit hole.
The CRF250L I rented for a day had the original muffler but sounded like an aftermarket. When I asked what they did they told me they took out a pipe inside the muffler. They cut the muffler open at the end where the header goes in, just a big enough square to get a hacksaw in. Guess they cut it there and took it out the other end.
A good idea would be to get a microfiche from Honda to see what's inside, then you know how to get to it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
To the M4 no, I just added a metal sleeve to go in between the stock pipe and the m4 as an adapter.I wasnt sure if you were trying to be funny thats why I asked first lol ;-)

·
Registered
4 Posts
To the M4 no, I just added a metal sleeve to go in between the stock pipe and the m4 as an adapter.I wasnt sure if you were trying to be funny thats why I asked first lol ;-)
If you don't mind me asking what size sleeve was it. I think i might have to try this!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts