Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m a new forum user and I searched this topic but can’t find a post about it.
I’m replacing a faulty fuel injector on my 2014 CBR 500r and I can’t seem to figure out how to remove the throttle body or air intake box to get the old injectors out.
I found some screws to remove the front part of the air box but I can’t get to the lower 2 screws and I can’t get to 2 screws deep in the air box to remove it from the throttle body. What am I doing wrong?
Please help

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I’m a new forum user and I searched this topic but can’t find a post about it.
I’m replacing a faulty fuel injector on my 2014 CBR 500r and I can’t seem to figure out how to remove the throttle body or air intake box to get the old injectors out.
I found some screws to remove the front part of the air box but I can’t get to the lower 2 screws and I can’t get to 2 screws deep in the air box to remove it from the throttle body. What am I doing wrong?
Please help
ok I got the air box off and replaced the fuel injectors but know bike won’t start. Bike cranks fine but will not start

·
Registered
138 Posts
Are the symptoms the bike has now different than before you changed the injectors or pretty similar?

How did you know an injector was bad?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thoughts if you are still having this problem
Do you hear the fuel pump whirring for about 2 seconds when you turn the ignition on (before starting)? If not, the electrical connector to the pump probably wasn't connected when the tank was re-installed.

The shop manual suggests checking that the fuel line is not kinked or somehow being crushed shut. I don't know if this is specific to our bikes or just a general statement in all Honda manuals.

Another thought is that enough water in the fuel tank would block fuel from the pump and also could have produced the bad running symptoms you had before replacing the injectors.

If the bike was left out in hard rain, inspect that the o-ring seal on the filler cap is good (rubber is soft and not damaged).

In the bad old days, gas stations sometimes had considerable water and sediment at the bottom of their underground tanks, though I haven't heard of this in years. Some poor person pumped the last of the gas and received a big surprise. Happened to me once.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts