Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here. Just thought I’d start off with some pictures of my 2017 500r. Haven’t done much to it other than some new brake and clutch levers. Hope to add a few more things soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man. Hopefully before to long I can add a few things to it. Need to look into the suspension though. It’s a bit springy for my weight.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Thanks man. Hopefully before to long I can add a few things to it. Need to look into the suspension though. It’s a bit springy for my weight.
Upgraded suspension will completely change the bike and is the first mod that should be done. I used the Traxxion Dynamics Kit in the front and a GSXR750 shock out back. Handling is now ridiculous for what it is. Bike just lays over for turns and switch backs are effortless.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Upgraded suspension will completely change the bike and is the first mod that should be done. I used the Traxxion Dynamics Kit in the front and a GSXR750 shock out back. Handling is now ridiculous for what it is. Bike just lays over for turns and switch backs are effortless.
Thanks for the advice. Any certain place to find the traxxion kit and any certain year gsxr750 shock to use?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Thanks for the advice. Any certain place to find the traxxion kit and any certain year gsxr750 shock to use?
traxxiondynamics.com

I believe the shock I bought was from a 2012. There is a GSXR rear shock thread on here with lots of info in it. It will have a list of all that will fit. Shock was cheap, $35 on eBay. My bike is non-ABS. If you have ABS you may not be able to fit this shock but I believe the F4i shock works. Definitely search and read the thread. Lots of good info in it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome! I have the 2017 orange and black also. I put some new levers, a new pipe and a Corbin seat on it - now much more comfortable and it sounds great. Also got a Yoshimura fender eliminator to get rid of the ugliest tail on a motorcycle in history (which the safety freaks in the Government seem to all like). I hope to hear how you work on the suspension. It is a little squishy as stock.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks again everyone for the warm welcomes and advice. Haven’t posted here in a while because I’ve been busy with work. Good news is I finally got to adjust the suspension on my bike and I have to say it worked wonders. Very soft and springy when a bought it and made riding on the roads around here somewhat sketchy. I’m on the heavier side at about 220 lbs. I adjusted the rear shock from the stock 3 setting to 7 and took the fork adjustment in to almost the third line. Went for a 2 hour ride afterwards and it made quite the difference. Also I might have lucked out and found a guy who has a yoshi that could fit my bike. Hope this helps anyone out. I’ll update again when I get the chance. Stay safe out there everyone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts